Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Marriott Hotels
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews front desk concierge lounge orange line fitness center shuttle starbucks downtown internet
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

I stopped by the restaurant and had an amazing meal with Mark. He went out of his way to make sure I had the best lunch possible- above and beyond. I will def pay another visit to see Mark in the restaurant on my next trip to Chicago!

Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Dunnje09, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging our team! Our staff takes great pride in providing our guests with an excellent experience, and I will be sure to let Mark know he positively impacted your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We've been Rewards members forever so we've stayed at lots of Marriott properties. We were catching a flight out of Midway, so we stopped for a night here. When we checked in, the man at the desk was great. Chatty, helpful - in other words a typical Marriott employee.

We got an upgrade to a larger room on the Club level. The room itself was nice. But then things started to go downhill. Whoever made up our room must have been in a big hurry. We were missing towels and washcloths. When we went to bed that night, the top sheet had to have been for a queen. It touched neither side of the king bed. We were too tired to call again. The work desk was lacking outlets, another gripe for a supposed business property.

The lounge was just okay. Most Marriott lounges feature couches and comfortable chairs for those of us who crave some comfortable down time. Not here. The meal was good, chicken thighs with a white sauce. The rest of the fixings were generic. We'd just stayed at a couple other Marriotts that put their spread to shame.

And of course since it was near Midway, the price was pretty darned high. All in all, this visit was at the lower end of all our visits to Marriott properties.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SalfromIL
HotelStaff1, Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear SalfromIL,

We sincerely value your feedback and please accept our most genuine apologies that you were not extremely satisfied during your recent visit.

In terms of the physical attributes of the work desk and furniture on the club level and lounge we are in the very beginning stages of planning our next guestroom renovation and will address those concerns at that time.

We will definitely utilize the housekeeping service oversight as a training opportunity for our entire team so that it is corrected moving forward.

Thank you for staying with us at the Marriott Chicago Midway and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

We had just arrived after a 2 stop return from Germany. Needless to say, we were beat. It was late at night when we tried to check into the Courtyard next door with member points in the same complex. We were stunned to find that we inadvertently made our reservation for the next night and the hotel was fully booked for the night. The gal at the desk was kind enough to call around and found that this Marriott had a junior suite. My husband is a Platinum member but they could not accommodate us on points so late in the day. Everything else was booked so we had no choice - whatever they were charging, we were going to have to pay. As I was walking over to this hotel, I was mad. It was an honest mistake that my husband made but all I could think of was the outrageous rate we were going to have to pay. I will admit, my normally cheerful self was quickly diminished to a curmudgeon as we entered the hotel. We were greeted by the most friendly staff, namely, Jacqueia. She heard our story and was most accommodating giving us a very reasonable rate on our room at the last minute and giving my husband free breakfast the next morning. Not only was she helpful, but had the best smile and laugh. Just a true sight for sore eyes. Some might say it's because my husband is a platinum member that we were greeted with such a welcome.....and that may be true. Yet I say that's all the more reason to solely use Marriott as they take care of their frequent travelers. Thank you Marriott Midway! My husband travels a lot to Chicago and always stays at the Courtyard, but he is definitely going to make the switch.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

JoBeaKn, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging our great team here on property! We know how stressful a travel situation like that can be, so we're pleased to know we provided you with a great hotel experience during that time--I'll be sure to let Jacqueia know that she positively impacted your experience. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we would love to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2017

I had brought my sister with me , we stopped at the bar and met Anna Babinska. The bartender was not yet on duty but Anna took excellent care of us! My sister is a senior citizen and when I returned from my meeting. my sister was sitting the bar enjoying a cocktail and snack. Anna was very accommodating, professional and polite. If all employees are this professional and accommodating I will definitely return.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit with us, and thank you for acknowledging our team here on property! Our staff takes great pride in providing our guests with an excellent experience, and I will be sure to let Anna know that she positively impacted your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another wonderful experience!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Wanted to stay close to the airport and this place was less than 2 miles away in a hotel complex which was rather nice and even has a Friday attached to it so that was a good bonus room and eats all in one.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

jimhiser, We're happy to hear you enjoyed our location! Thank you for the five star review. We hope to welcome you back again on future visits to the Chicago Midway area!