“Great find In Chicago”

Chicago Marriott Midway
Ranked #118 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 23, 2013

First thing I noticed when I walked through the doors was how good the hotel smelled. It was this way throughout the hotel, hallways, my room everywhere. The free shuttle was a plus, the hotel common areas as well as my room, the lounge, and restaurant were all modern and very inviting. Everyone was friendly and made my stay enjoyable. My room was large and made officing very easy with plenty of space and relatively fast internet. I would recommend highly for business travelers or anyone traveling to Chicago who wants to be near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed yourself.

I look forward to seeing you next time when business takes you to Chicago.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed here for a “park, sleep, fly” program but didn’t do much sleeping. The hotel lobby and rooms are elegant and modern but the mattress was cheap. The cost was too expensive ($242.12 for Friday night on 12-6-13) given the overall value, there were pubic hairs on the bathroom floor (not ours), and the other guests staying there for a conference were loud and disruptive at night while we were trying to sleep before an early flight. If I can sleep through the sound of airplanes but not other guests, then there is a problem with noise. The shuttle service to Midway Airport and the hotel staff are the only positive experiences here.

Room Tip: There are no good room tips.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while being our guest. It is unacceptable that noise should deter you from sleeping. Also please rest assured that I have addressed the lack of cleanliness in your room.

Please contact me directly on your return to Chicago.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Beautiful property and great location from Midway and surrounding area including Orland Park. Free shuttle to and from Midway Airport. Several properties at this location called Hotel Center. Restaurants within walking distance from hotel. Rooms are roomy and beds large. Quiet and restful night. They charge $14+ per night for parking which is a concern to me. I asked for parking ticket but did not find any other car with such on their dash and I did not hear others asking front desk for a parking ticket. Maybe I paid when not necessary but reception did not advise me what charge was for. What gives? I would go back to property.

Room Tip: First visit so I cannot advise. It may be all rooms are great, mine was.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes indeed we do have a parking charge - thank you for understanding. We charge for parking so that we can have security officers in the parking lot.

See you next time.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here two weeks ago after a particularly horrible flight into the US from Mexico. We were late; we were tired; we were hungry. The greetings by the front desk staff that night almost made up for it. They were courteous, interested in making our overnight stay enjoyable as possible and granted us a very comfortable suite. The person who brought us our room service, Alvaro, was charming, informative and courteous. I always stay at Marriott's when I have a choice and this stay proved why. It is just a comfortable, always predictable and relaxing stay, whether it's overnight or longer. Marriott is my favorite hotel line for this reason. Look under my name and you will other recommendations in different cities for this chain. Kudos to the manager at this hotel for his personnel selections. PC

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade for more space. They will accommodate you when possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager6520, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Yes indeed Alvaro is amazing!

I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a very good Marriott that is perfect for travel that includes Midway Airport. Stayed here in late September for 5 days while attending a conference in Chicago. Room was nice size; very quiet considering you are only a few blocks from Midway - never was disturbed. Very timely shuttle service to airport - where you could catch the 'L' into downtown. Executive lounge was small, but well serviced; having a Starbucks in the lobby that opened at 5AM was a real plus for those early meetings. Will consider this again on return trips to Chicago - especially if traveling through Midway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear oldranger81

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. The staff will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Jette

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Standard Marriott property in a convenient location had a pleasant staff. Self park outside for a fee disclosed at check out, bit disappointing. The room was comfortable and roomy. Concierge lounge had a nice selection of appetizers and drinks and was well maintained by a friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your response. I am glad that our staff was accommodating and that you were able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

A very nice and standard Marriott ion hotel row - there must be at least 15 othe properties within 1mile. Also - other than a few restaurants in the area, there is nothing else to walk to or do .
One nice feature at the hotel - a shared airport shuttle every 20 minutes.

The room was clean and in ship shape condition except one light bulb was burnt out .
Sound proofing was pretty good and the flights taking off nearby were barely noticeable.
I did not eat or drink at the bar or restaurant - but they seemed busy with the usual b travelers

So - For business travel , this is a fine place for an overnight.
For leisure travel I think its too isolated and not a good choice for tourists

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your compliments about our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Whether it's for business or pleasure, many of our guests find it convenient to utilize Chicago's "L" train system which runs out of Midway Airport to reach various points of interest around the city.

Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Chicago Marriott Midway? Share your experiences!