Chicago Marriott Midway
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$659
$589
$490
$428
$406
$373
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Pool
$627
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
$718
Cancelon
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttlethe concierge loungecopper foxshuttle servicefront deskpark and flyan airport hotelan early flightplatinum memberother hotelsroom servicegreat place to stayconvenient locationvery nice hotelupon checkenjoyed my stay
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We recently held a conference at the Marriott Chicago Midway. The staff went well above and beyond to support our efforts, including moving boxes to different rooms at 9 p.m. when we arrived. They would not allow us to lift a thing. Not only were they helpful, they were also extremely friendly. They were quick to notice anything that needed to be done and attended to it with a smile.As the person manning the main check in table all day, I saw repeated examples of this attention to detail and friendliness.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott MDW many times. I have always had exceptional customer service along with the expected comforts of a full service Marriott. If you are at MDW for any reason I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MidwayMarriottGM, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for noticing our exceptional customer service. I am very proud of my team because they take pride every day in providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Take care

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love this hotel because it is so well kept, modern and convenient. It isn't far from downtown Chicago. It is far from my friends and favorite shopping mall (Oakbrook Center) in the suburbs either.

The rooms are spacious. The bathroom has a divider wall between toilet and sink which makes it perfect. It is open and spacious like the room.

The check in staff are very friendly and accommodating. I requested a room on a higher floor after he had already assigned my room. The staff person changed it without a pause or hesitation. I appreciate that considering my request was after the fact.

Book this hotel if it is convenient (since Chicago is huge). You will be glad you did. Amazingly comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our newly renovated property. We hope to see you again

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff seemed very helpful and outgoing when we arrived. Then they let us leave our car in their lot for >24 additional hours while on short roundtrip flight. But when we got back, our battery was dead (our fault). The desk-man called security and within 10 minutes we had jump started and were on the road.
The rooms are fine, the shuttle to the airport is free, and although pricey an overall good choice for catching and early flight at Midway.

Room Tip: The north side rooms face the airport, 1 mile away. There was a noisy train just to the south. Neither run all night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear about your car battery but I am glad to hear that our 24 hour security team was able to provide relief.

Take care

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wanted to enjoy my stay, but there were just a few things that didn't work out quite right. We had a long day of travel and had driven over from O'Hare since we had appointments near Midway the next day. This hotel is very convenient to Midway, it is in a little enclave of hotels right next to the airport. This is not the best neighborhood overall, but it does feel safe in the parking area near the hotels. Our check in was quick, we asked about an upgrade to a whirlpool suite, but were quoted over $300 so we passed. Props for the complimentary drink comps we got at check-in. Our room was nice overall. I did notice a couple of stains on the sheets, these could have been caused by an older washing machine, but I called for a replacement pillow to be safe. The bed itself was very firm for my husband. I slept okay, but I did agree that the bed was a little hard for my taste. I am not sure if all Marriott hotels have the same type of mattress, but it was not to our liking. We had dinner at the bar, which was a Dempsey's restaurant. The appetizers were excellent but the entrees were mediocre at best. The creme brulee tasted like lemon which was sort of off-putting. The female bartender was a blast and a fellow baseball fan which made her more endearing, it made up for the so-so dinner. You do have to pay for parking, which was $14 a night. I get it, you're by the airport, but really? That just seems like a little bit of overkill, it makes sense if you are leaving your car for the stay, park, and fly but for a regular guest it just seems excessive. The room was quiet and I enjoyed the rainfall type shower head in the bathroom, but the bed type and extra little costs might keep us away on our next trip.

Room Tip: We opted to get some wine delivered in the evening and found the nearby T.G.I.Friday's delivers to your room and has bottles of wine for about half the price of the hotel restaurant. We enjoyed the Friday's shrimp as a late night snack (it had some sort of country fried steak breading which is killer on shrimp)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that the sheets had a stain and that you did not enjoy your entrees. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future as this is not our norm. We pride ourselves on cleanliness with guest scores at the very top of the brand and also in food quality where our guests currently have rated us #3 in the entire Marriott brand for Quality of food.

Best regards