“always the best customer service”

Chicago Marriott Midway
Ranked #118 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Buckhead, Georgia
“always the best customer service”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott MDW many times. I have always had exceptional customer service along with the expected comforts of a full service Marriott. If you are at MDW for any reason I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MidwayMarriottGM, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for noticing our exceptional customer service. I am very proud of my team because they take pride every day in providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Take care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
St. Louis
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love this hotel because it is so well kept, modern and convenient. It isn't far from downtown Chicago. It is far from my friends and favorite shopping mall (Oakbrook Center) in the suburbs either.

The rooms are spacious. The bathroom has a divider wall between toilet and sink which makes it perfect. It is open and spacious like the room.

The check in staff are very friendly and accommodating. I requested a room on a higher floor after he had already assigned my room. The staff person changed it without a pause or hesitation. I appreciate that considering my request was after the fact.

Book this hotel if it is convenient (since Chicago is huge). You will be glad you did. Amazingly comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our newly renovated property. We hope to see you again
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff seemed very helpful and outgoing when we arrived. Then they let us leave our car in their lot for >24 additional hours while on short roundtrip flight. But when we got back, our battery was dead (our fault). The desk-man called security and within 10 minutes we had jump started and were on the road.
The rooms are fine, the shuttle to the airport is free, and although pricey an overall good choice for catching and early flight at Midway.

Room Tip: The north side rooms face the airport, 1 mile away. There was a noisy train just to the south. Nei...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear about your car battery but I am glad to hear that our 24 hour security team was able to provide relief.

Take care
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wanted to enjoy my stay, but there were just a few things that didn't work out quite right. We had a long day of travel and had driven over from O'Hare since we had appointments near Midway the next day. This hotel is very convenient to Midway, it is in a little enclave of hotels right next to the airport. This is not the best neighborhood overall, but it does feel safe in the parking area near the hotels. Our check in was quick, we asked about an upgrade to a whirlpool suite, but were quoted over $300 so we passed. Props for the complimentary drink comps we got at check-in. Our room was nice overall. I did notice a couple of stains on the sheets, these could have been caused by an older washing machine, but I called for a replacement pillow to be safe. The bed itself was very firm for my husband. I slept okay, but I did agree that the bed was a little hard for my taste. I am not sure if all Marriott hotels have the same type of mattress, but it was not to our liking. We had dinner at the bar, which was a Dempsey's restaurant. The appetizers were excellent but the entrees were mediocre at best. The creme brulee tasted like lemon which was sort of off-putting. The female bartender was a blast and a fellow baseball fan which made her more endearing, it made up for the so-so dinner. You do have to pay for parking, which was $14 a night. I get it, you're by the airport, but really? That just seems like a little bit of overkill, it makes sense if you are leaving your car for the stay, park, and fly but for a regular guest it just seems excessive. The room was quiet and I enjoyed the rainfall type shower head in the bathroom, but the bed type and extra little costs might keep us away on our next trip.

Room Tip: We opted to get some wine delivered in the evening and found the nearby T.G.I.Friday's delivers...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that the sheets had a stain and that you did not enjoy your entrees. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future as this is not our norm. We pride ourselves on cleanliness with guest scores at the very top of the brand and also in food quality where our guests currently have rated us #3 in the entire Marriott brand for Quality of food.

Best regards
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was beautifully decorated and newly renovated. I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and overall the cleanliness and overall upkeep was outstanding. The staff was very nice and friendly. The only complaint i have for this hotel was that i had to pay an additional $16.00 a day to park my car in the parking lot. This was not mentioned up front, only once i had checked in. I found this a little ridiculous because i was not staying downtown where parking is an issue. The parking should have been complimentary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello. We do have fee based parking at $14 per night in our secure lot. Additionally, we have other park, sleep and fly options that include parking for extended periods of time at low rates.

We will hop to see you again in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want a great hotel experience in Chicago without having to pay a "Magnificent Mile" price, this is the hotel for you. This was my second time to stay at the hotel and both times were very pleasant experiences. When I wanted to to hit the city, I simple boarded the hotel shuttle and was dropped off at Midway Airport. From there I boarded the Orange Line train which took me to the heart of downtown Chicago. If you want to save your money for entertainment and great food while still enjoying a first class hotel, the Marriott Chicago Midway is the one for you.

Room Tip: Being located near a major airport did not prove to be an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your compliments. You are absolutely right about the easy access to downtown and all that it has to offer. Our complimentary 24 hour shuttle will drop you off near the Orange Line train which runs directly downtown at extremely low prices.

We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Atlanta
Reviewed April 5, 2013

As someone with almost 600 nights stayed at Marriott properties, I can say that this one is very much their standard, newer Marriott property. Nothing to complain about outside of paying for parking.

The Good:
-Attentive staff
-Comfortable bed
-Larger rooms
-Nice fitness center and pool
-Concierge lounge

The Bad:
-Paying for parking seemed excessive and required a return trip to the car to put the tag on the dash. Annoying in 15 degree weather
-Breakfast in the lounge should start earlier to accommodate people with early morning flights (one of the reasons people stay at the hotel)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jgordon24d
Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Marriott Chicago Midway. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we strive to continuously improve.

Best Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Chicago Marriott Midway? Share your experiences!