Chicago Marriott Midway
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$282
$206
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
$399
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$263
$189
Hilton.com
$179
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Breakfast included
$145
$132
  • Room Service
$428
$376
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttlethe concierge loungecopper foxshuttle servicefront deskpark and flyan airport hotelan early flightplatinum memberother hotelsroom servicegreat place to stayconvenient locationvery nice hotelupon checkenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want a great hotel experience in Chicago without having to pay a "Magnificent Mile" price, this is the hotel for you. This was my second time to stay at the hotel and both times were very pleasant experiences. When I wanted to to hit the city, I simple boarded the hotel shuttle and was dropped off at Midway Airport. From there I boarded the Orange Line train which took me to the heart of downtown Chicago. If you want to save your money for entertainment and great food while still enjoying a first class hotel, the Marriott Chicago Midway is the one for you.

Room Tip: Being located near a major airport did not prove to be an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
MidwayMarriottGM, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for your compliments. You are absolutely right about the easy access to downtown and all that it has to offer. Our complimentary 24 hour shuttle will drop you off near the Orange Line train which runs directly downtown at extremely low prices.

We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

As someone with almost 600 nights stayed at Marriott properties, I can say that this one is very much their standard, newer Marriott property. Nothing to complain about outside of paying for parking.

The Good:
-Attentive staff
-Comfortable bed
-Larger rooms
-Nice fitness center and pool
-Concierge lounge

The Bad:
-Paying for parking seemed excessive and required a return trip to the car to put the tag on the dash. Annoying in 15 degree weather
-Breakfast in the lounge should start earlier to accommodate people with early morning flights (one of the reasons people stay at the hotel)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jgordon24d

Thank you for staying with us at the newly renovated Marriott Chicago Midway. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we strive to continuously improve.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My room was a king room and it was very quite being so close to the airport. It was clean every evening when I returned. The lounge on the 6th floor is perfect. My overall opinion of this property is a good one. I live on the road and enjoy hotels that have the creature comforts. Very friendly staff both up and downstairs. Even came back to friendly notes from housekeeping in my room.

I have always stayed next door at the Holiday Inn, but I've been a platinum member there forever and have enough points to probably stay one until I die. I decided to branch out and try a different brand. This hotel did a great job in making a new regular customer. Here and elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank dcbone27

Thank you for your patronage! We will hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Chicago Midway for a business meeting. The room was quiet, spacious and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The hotel is very clean and conveniently located near Midway Airport. The shuttle service to and from the airport is great because it runs every twenty minutes. The restaurant, Dempsey's, serves great food. I was a little surprised that there was a charge to use wi-fi in the room especially since during our meetings it was free in the conference rooms.
The view from my room on the second floor was not good. I could only see some type of generator or possibly an air conditioning system. Nevertheless, I would recommend this hotel as a quiet and comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: There are six floors to the hotel. If you plan to spend some time in the room, I would ask for a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MidwayMarriottGM, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thanks for your compliments! I am proud to say our hotel is currently ranked #6 in North America for the Marriott brand for quality of food as rated by our guests.

Take care

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Marriott Chicago Midway prior to a very early morning flight and would definately stay again! The hotel is modern, clean, comfortable and convenient. Our room was surprisingly quiet, considering how close the hotel is to Midway Airport. We caught the shuttle, which runs every twenty minutes from the hotel to Midway. It was on time both to and from the airport. The only disappointment regarding this hotel is that there is a charge to use wi-fi in the rooms (it is free in the lobby however).

Stayed: March 2013

Good afternoon and thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your patronage and would love to see you again in the future at the newly renovated Marriott Chicago Midway.

Best regards,