“Marri "Ought" to be Proud of this Property!”

Chicago Marriott Midway
Ranked #116 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Wilton, Iowa
“Marri "Ought" to be Proud of this Property!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Late arrival with 5 yr old was a snap, thankfully! The courteous lone front desk agent even let me leave the check-in process to tend to my childs restrooms needs.
Easy and simple check in. I used the sleep,park,fly rate. Ample parking in a mostly well lit parking lot, as this property shares parking with the Holiday Inn.
Clean well maintained lobby. There is a work in progress, but it did not ruin my stay. Nice side lobby bar allows you to watch for your ride while you relax!
Very clean room! I love the serene decor and the 6 pillows on the king bed! Bathroom is plenty big with nice amenities from bath and body works. Tv is new and in great working condition. Microwave, coffee machine, free internet, room service... This place has all of what I require for a great experience. (my first time at a Marriott I should add) I am a Starwood Hotel loyal, but needed the parking duration. I only spent $132+taxes and fees for this room which includes 5 days of parking and free shuttle service to Midway. By the way, this is the last stop for shuttle before going Midway, so no long rides across hotel row while you freak out about security lines at MDW!!
Overall A+ for me and I will definately stay here again without doubt.

• Stayed September 2012
MidwayMarriottGM, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Sorry about the renovation dust however I am excited to say it is now complete! Please come check out the complete renovation next time you are in town. We'd love to host your next hospitality experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2012

While the shuttle service to/from Midway leaves a bit to be desired, this hotel was terrific for our recent weekend stay. Convenient to the Orange line via Midway (once the shuttle comes) it is easy to get downtown. The hotel restaurant, Dempsey's, was good, but late night room service is needed (especially for those who wait 45 minutes for the - wait for it - shuttle, only to arrive at 11:15, when service has just stopped for the night); would assume an airport Marriott would have longer room service hours for travelers.

Our room was comfortable and the front desk gentleman was terrific in helping us solve a few snags. I will return, but probably won't depend on the shuttle.

Room Tip: Corner rooms ending in "07" are worth asking for
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us! I am sorry about the trouble with our shuttle. It does run 20 hours per day and makes stops every 20 minutes at the airport and the hotel but it is always advisable to call from the courtesy phones at the airport for an ETA on the next shuttle. Thanks again!
Halo27
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The over all experience was good with a few exceptions. We were there for a family reunion so we all paid the same rate but all our rooms were different. My room did not have a microwave or a refrigerator I called front desk and they said I had to request them and there was one down stairs we could use (who wants to go all the way down to the lobby to use a microwave or refrigerator) but the other family members that had them didn't request them but had them in their room, also some rooms had robes and some didn't. Then on my third day I finally got drinking glasses in my room we been drinking out of the paper coffee cups. Besides those things the overall stay was good. The front desk had excellent customer service and answered all of my questions, was very pleased with that. The (male, forgot his name) bartender at the front bar was very nice and friendly also! Over all it was a good experience and a very clean hotel with a wonderful atmosphere I give it a 4 out of 5 stars even with the few things I mentioned

• Stayed September 2012
Thanks for your great comments about our staff! they are wonderful and feed off of great comments like this which I will surely share. Take care
Normal
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here on business, while working at a south-side company. This is the best hotel near Midway. It is expensive, but as someone once said, "You get what you pay for". This axiom holds true here. Spotless rooms, a professional, friendly staff, and good food, can all be expected and will be delivered. There are several restaurants within safe walking distance and plenty of hotel parking. A free shuttle from the airport is available. Upon arrival, I was offered a free room up-grade. If they offer you the same...TAKE IT. The 2-room suite boasted a whirlpool tub, fold out couch, huge dining area, and microwave and mini-fridge. This hotel is literally right next to the airport, but the roar of landing jets was barely discernible inside the room. The bed was new and its' comfort was sublime. For an overnight layover at Midway, you can not do better. I will not hesitate to stay here on my next trip to the south side, and heartily recommend this hotel to everyone. Enjoy and safe travels!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your patronage! I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated property. Dempsey's Restaurant and bar is always a crowd pleaser with great food. Thanks again!
California
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The staff all around provided wonderful customer service./Everyone on the staff I came across in the staff was super friendly and helpful. Housekeeping, front desk, shuttle bus driver, etc...
You are 5 minutes away from Midway airport. There is a free shuttle every 20 minutes.
On site Starbucks and restaurant. There is also a TGIF restaurant within the same hotel complex. Hotel is well kept and service is top notch.

Could be better:

a) There is an overnight parking fee.

b) There is an internet charge daily (You can avoid this fee if you go to the lobby and access the internet there, then you get a code that gives you free access for 1 hour. You can do this multiple times in one day. Ok for leisure traveler, not for business.
If you are a business traveler, just get the business package art the front desk that gives you unlimited domestic long distance and internet.

Special thanks to Ramiro from banquets, all the housekeeping ladies who did a superb job every day, the shuttle driver, and the guy who repaired the TV promptly.

Room Tip: There is no view from any room other than the parking lot. Just ask for room closer to elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lalotp
MidwayMarriottGM, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I will certainly share with our staff!
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at this property last night. It is on the expensive side, however the front desk staff is very freindly and helpful. My room was rather large and clean. The shuttle at 4:40 AM was on time.Overall I had an excellant experince.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle which runs 24 hours a day. Take care
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here one night for a 5:30 am flight. I have stayed at the Midway Courtyard this winter and it was much cleaner. The pool was rather dirty. It had a film over it and I did not allow my son to use it. My husband is a Platinum member and we stayed here with his reward points. Our room was ok-the bathroom was not as clean as a Marriott should be. We stayed here since Marriott hotels are usually nicer than Courtyards. I didn't make a fuss since it was a free room and we were leaving at 3:30 am. The hotel was really LOUD!! People and kids were running up and down the hall all evening until; midnight. I was wondering why security did not quiet people down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello. I am sorry about our pool. We did encounter a problem with the filter and I regret that it was not caught sooner. It has since been repaired. Please have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Chicago Marriott Midway? Share your experiences!