“Not even worth the TravelZoo deal we bought ”
Review of Ember Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ember Grille
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

As we were planning our weekend to Chicago we came across the TravelZoo deal offering brunch for two for $22 at the Ember grille located inside the Westin Hotel. The description sounded fabulous and being inside the Westin, I'd expect nothing less. This was too good to be true!
From start to finish this was awful. The hostess seated us right in front of the buffet table which is fine, however not once did a waiter come and greet us. I actually did not want the buffet but it's impossible to order a menu item when no one comes to take your order. A woman, looked like a manager, walked by and noticed we didn't have anything to drink nor did the other 2 tables so she poured us water. Failed to ask us if we wanted coffee or orange juice. My husband and I both ended up eating the buffet because it was there in front of us and didn't require the assistance of anyone, whom all failed to serve us.
After our first plate of food I decided I'd go to the waiter stand and seek out some juice since no one else asked. We wanted grapefruit juice so I managed to stop one of the waiters to ask for some. A waiter brought us a glass, took our travel zoo voucher that was on the table and no one ever came back to our table again.
Don't waste your time here, the food nor the service is worth it. We ended up finishing eating and walking out.
I'd recommend the Original house of Pancakes, we had an amazing breakfast there the day before, food was amazing & service was great! We will definitely go there before we'd ever come back here.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had the breakfast buffet- scrambled eggs were runny, did not receive a refill on coffee. Price was high for what was offered.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Breakfast buffet good but individual menu items awesome! The turkey/avocado tortilla with chipotle sauce sooooo good!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Was envisioning an flavorful steak perfectly grilled. I got an average steak and a dry crabcake. The meat was good, and reasonably cooked but not much taste. The crabcake had some crab flavor but was bland and dry. Took one bite of the chocolate cake and thatw as enough
Im glad I wasnt paying

Reviewed December 11, 2011

We ate breakfast and ordered from the menu. For three of us, it was over $60.00. We had two omlettes, a pastry basket and coffee. But it was all tasty and the service was good. We had to wait a bit.