“Good fresh sandwiches”

Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Grand Rapids
“Good fresh sandwiches”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great selection, very tasty, much better than a Subway or Quizno experience. They give you choices in terms of size, vegetarian or not, and also list the sodium and caloric intake for all menu items. I can understand why there are several in the city. Wish they had them where I live.

Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“These Chicago sandwiches can take you around the world”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Even if the gourmet chocolate is only admired and not purchased, the eye candy will be a sweet precursor to your awaiting meal while waiting in the line (that moves surprisingly fast) and also scanning the widely varied menu with many temptations that give me a reason to return.

There is a certain type of lingo at Hannah's that you need to order. Would you like a wecken or a baguette? I opted for a wecken, but since they were in the process of being made, I said I would wait. The employees countered by offering me the bigger sandwich, now, at the lower price.

The pretzel bread was perfect, just enough salt so that I somehow only got one granule per bite. The rest of the bavari-asian sandwich was just what I was looking for. The flavors were all distinguishable, pleasant and just exotic enough to make me forget I was in Chicago. Looking at the contents, I don't know how tasty they'd be individually. However, together they blended very well.

I would recommend Hannah's especially to those tired of the typical Subway or Jimmy John's or looking for something new to try. I don't think I'd be able to easily recreate a sandwich like the ones served up here, so I'm willing to spend a little more. What makes it even better is that the staff is friendly, the service is quick and the food is fresh.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This review is based solely on one item....the turkey bretzel with cranberry sauce. It's like the day after Thanksgiving in a sandwich. I love this sandwich and get this every time I go. I think I'm going to try a different sandwich when I go, but chicken out and go back to the usual turkey and cranberry. Yes, it's expensive, but it's good and I don't get it that often, so when I want it, I get it.

• Visited October 2012
“Hannah's Terrible”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I felt fleeced when I paid $15 for a cup of soup, a very small half sandwich, drink, and dessert bar. The food was so-so at best, the service people were not engaging, smiling, or providing anything other than as a vehicle to dispense extraordinarily ordinary "products", and take money. A complete bust and rip-off as far as I'm concerned. Awful!!

Fukuoka, Japan
“Great Sandwiches and Great Bread!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I loved this place for a nice sandwich. They have a variety of good choices and the bread is delicious. Overall, highly recommended for a quick place to eat in or to go.

Visited October 2012