“Little disapointed”

Ranked #980 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The restaurant is very clean, service excellent and the food fresh.
My problem, other than the bakery goods, I thought everything tasted a little bland.
We ordered a thin pizza to start, looked great, but had no spices so tasted like tomato sauce with some bland cheese on top.
With all the options in Chicago, would not return..

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Enjoyed the many choices that were available. Grilled polenta with mushrooms was delicious. My husband was disappointed in the potatoe soup. Soup was bland, chunky,thick and not very tasty. The portobello sandwich was great and the corn bread was to die for. Service was attentive but everything was served at once. Desserts looked great but enjoyed the cornbread for dessert.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

All vegan, good food with a soul food theme. We had lunch there and at 1pm it was still packed. The menu had a good variety and as a vegetarian who loves southern food, I was so happy to get collard greens at t restaurant that weren't cooked with a ham hock!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I generally like vegetarian food. I am not a big fan of vegetarian meat. It felt that more offerings than not were a fake meat. It was ok. Not bad, not running back. The skewers, we ordered the peanut sauce and the BBQ, seemed like soy lunch meat on a stick, microwaved with sauce...

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love worry free vegan restaurants. Everything is vegan here. The food was delicious, prices were reasonable and the cozy restaurant environment was very nice. The staff was nice and got out orders to us in a timely manner. Out of the 4 of us that were there, I was the only vegan. The 3 carnivores had no complaints and enjoyed their vegan meals.