“Good.”

Cellars Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Cellars Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,097 of 10,080 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosedale
Transit: Thorndale stop on the Red Line one block away.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

That's pretty much all I have to say about it. It's good. The place is always packed for brunch so I expected it to be stellar. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't blown away, either. For the price I expected something a little more special. There are a lot of choices, and most of them are enticing on the menu, and they taste just "okay." Not anything I would complain about, but not anything I would rave about, either.

I returned for dinner a few months later and again, it was good. No complaints. But at that price point there are other better options. If you're in Edgewater or the general vicinity, this is a great choice, but probably not worth the cab fare/commute time to get there if you're not already on the far North side.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a really nice restaurant my boyfriend and I lived In the area about 5 years ago and went here regularly still miss it! We Will definitely go back some day soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We visited the restaurant for a wedding reception; closed to the public. Food was amazing all pared with excellent wine for each course. Everything seem to flow well. Each course brought out in a reasonable time....takes a little bit to prepare food this delicious! Owners were very hands on and truly concerned with everyone's experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great neighborhood restaurant with a great atmosphere and great food but the service--not so much. My husband and I went in on a Sunday night. The place was very quiet, only about 5 tables were being served at the time. We waited quite a while to be acknowledged then waited even longer for our order to be brought out (which by the way was very flavorful) and even longer than that to get our bill--so long in fact that I opted out of a cappuccino for fear that I would be waiting even longer. It shouldn't have been that way with so few people in the place. Too bad b/c the food is so good!

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Came in from the Burbs. Worth the drive. Wines a great value and good selection. We Had the flank steak w/blue cheese and scallops. Both delicious. Attentive waitstaff.