“Good option for pre-flight stay”

Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Ranked #115 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Exceptionally close to O' Hare. Clean facility, pleasant staff, good executive lounge breakfast. A MUCH better option than the Airport Hilton, which is way overpriced, with room functions that well, dont function. (master controlled air, for example).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Uraway

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference. Everything was very good. Great location. I received wifi with the rate paid. Great food. Check in was easy. Parking convenient. My biggest complaint is that the pool was drained. Since I was traveling with my children they were highly disappointed. However, they were able to visit Legoland and visit the town.

For business it was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They allowed a later checkout to accommodate the conference schedule.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Albert M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Old building but the inside has been renovated. Was very nice and in a quiet part of town. I was attending a training and the building connected through a skyway to where the classroom was. Which came in handy cause it down poured the 3 days I was there constantly. The pool area was beautiful but since it was always lightening I didn't get a chance to use it. I had a hard time finding the shuttle at the airport but you have to cross both streets and stand across the street from the Hilton. Took me some time to figure that out. The restaurant was delicious. I had the Chicago Salad along with the crème brulee twice during my stay. The water by the elevators was a nice touch and looked awesome. Would stay here again if I needed a airport hotel. I cant comment on the noise of the planes cause it was storming and I couldn't tell a difference between the thunder and I know the airport was closed down one morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hest0405
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Reasons to stay here: the El is literally in the parking lot, its next to the airport, great rooms, great food. Can't beat it!

All of the great things I wanted in a hotel experience I got from the Chicago O'Hare Marriott. Check in was seamless. The gentleman at the Front Desk was knowledgeable, polite, and was easy to engage with. I even received a small bag of candy at the desk! So great!

The room was standard and per usual the bathroom was a bit small but its certainly not the staff's fault for that. I love Marriott beds. I slept perfectly.

In the restaurant, I cannot recall the name of our server, but she has been with the company for 31 years and she was phenomenal. Kudos to her for providing such great service for so long. She offered us a free dessert for Marriott Guest Appreciation Week. Amanda the supervisor was great too. Very kind and welcoming.

Above all else, I was so impressed with the service I received from Megan who was at the front desk/answering phones. She catered to all my needs and answered all my questions. And to top it all off she sent me a bottle of wine and cookies with a sweet note! Her service really made my quick trip to Chicago worthwhile. Thank you, Megan!

Room Tip: I recommend a room NOT facing the pool area during the winter in the higher tower. Not a pretty view...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Elly S
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here 10/27/13 thru 10/30/13 on business. Complimentary shuttle to and from airport- driver was friendly and helpful. Easy check in at the hotel- room was clean, but a bit on the small side. King size bed was very comfortable. LG flat screen TV was nice. The bathroom was nice and clean, but not much clearance between the door and the toilet. The food is terrific and reasonable in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet and dinner were very good. I mainly gave this hotel an excellent rating because of the impeccable service that the hotel provided during my stay. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the lobby has been beautifully renovated. A young lady tending bar was so very friendly, and even remembered what I was drinking the previous night. Everyone was just fantastic- both professional and courteous. Guests can also print their boarding passes in the lobby area. There are also touch screens near the lobby to help in finding restaurants and attractions. I've never had a bad stay in a Marriott hotel, and was not disappointed this time either. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had my business trip this January and was pleasantly surprised and delighted by this hotel.

The Chicago Marriott O'Hare was one of the first ten Marriott hotels built by the chain. (This fact was shared by the van driver on our trip from O'Hare to the hotel.) Based upon this fact I had visions of a very functional, but dated, hotel. Come to find out that the Chicago Marriott O'Hare has gone through a major renovation, and is surprisingly chic and sophisticated.

The restaurant and lobby area is very nice, and Rich at the front desk put me into a beautiful room in the tower area, moving me from the room that they had set up for me in the "low rise" wing. One hint - if you are attending a meeting in the AMA building next door, it's much faster to walk across the parking lot than use the bridge.

Gym was nice and 24 hour, awesome. The concierge lounge was nice, small but well stocked. It opens to the minute so don't arrive early or plan to stay late.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Spent three nights here starting our Route 66 trip. Good points - large clean room and bathroom (was Accessible room), wifi free in reception area with decent speed but charge for wifi in room, breakfast buffet had good selection although did not eat there. Staff attitude was excellent and helpful on all the questions we threw at them. Great swimming pool with heated inside area and open outside area and well equipped gym. Negative points - quite noisy between rooms and from corridor, main reception area very noisy in evening with seminar guests meeting around bar/restaurant.

Hotel provides free shuttle bus from airport Terminal 3 (bus stop #2) about every 20 mins (look for the red and white bus as a number of other Marriott chain hotels also have shuttle buses) but you have to call and request from other terminals. We just got airport train from International arrivals (terminal 5) to terminal 3 and headed for shuttle bus location (follow red signs).

Very close to CTA station 'Cumberland' stop (main reason for staying here) with just a two minute walk across car park and 30-40 mins to downtown Loop. CTA transit system provides excellent access to all major points in city without having to worry about a car. Cumberland station is second stop from O'Hare airport if you don't want to wait for shuttle (fare is $5).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moneyfools
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Park Hyatt Chicago
#15 of 192 in Chicago
Streeterville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Been to Chicago Marriott O'Hare? Share your experiences!