“Great hotel, good service, excellent food”

Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Ranked #111 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great hotel, good service, excellent food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Marriott for a conference and was very pleased with the hotel, friendly service and nice rooms.
The bed was very comfortable the room very clean, but a bit small, especially for 2 people, yet more than adequate.
We arrived late, around 9:00 had a bite to eat in the restaurant and then I wanted a diet coke but the hotel only has Pepsi products. When I asked at the desk about Diet Coke he not only told me where to go, he actually went outside and showed me the way!
The restaurant in the hotel was very good and priced in the $8.- $20.00 range for dinner and in the $6.00 - $12.00 range for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Finally my third Marriott in three weeks finally performs at the standards the brand markets . The place has just gone through a major overhaul and it shows from the quality of the rooms , restaurants and bar area , i could find nothing to falter. I had forgotten the "compact" size of airport hotel rooms , but that's to be expected from airport hotels . We were there at a convention and i never left the building for 36 hrs so got chance to eat in the bar and restaurant as well at the conference and all the food was hot tasty and well served by the staff . They also had tea from Harrogate in Yorkshire which was an added bonus . The only reason it does not get five stars is the fact the free shuttle from the hotel was disappointing . Waited 15 mins for it , then sat for 10 mins waiting for other passengers , then dropped off at the Marriott suites as well . So in 5 pm traffic the time i lined up for the bus to when i reached the hotel was 45 mins , not my idea of airport hotel convenience . My suggestion would be a shuttle dedicate to this hotel and not to multiple ones

Room Tip: I would say any rooms they were all well insulated from noise
Athens, Greece
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am sorry for writing such a bad review for your hotel but there is a NEED to change your policy.
This is not everything about how much you earn or how many stars you have got or how good facilities you may provide,,,,it's about HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS,especially in special situations like mine.
I was supposed to fly to Greece through JFK airport in NY but my flight cancelled due to the weather (not so convinced about that but it's an issue with Delta) so I had to spend two more nights in Chicago. Delta airlines did not provide me accomodation and they just gave me 2 discount vouchers for Marriott O'Hare hotel, for 84 $ rate per night. The problem in my situation was that i had already spend 7 nights in USA and my credit card had only 160 $,so I could not afford my stay there until my family could put me some money from Greece.
I explained to the reception what happened to me due to the cancellation of my flight and that I had been waiting for 8 hours in the airport (there were 2 delays of my flight before the final cancellation) and i kindly requested them not to charge the whole amount for 2 nights in my debit card because in that case i would completely run out of money for the next two days. Moreover, i explained to them that i could not communicate with my family in Greece because the time there was 4am. They were very well informed about my difficult situation but they did not care at all and they advised me to call Delta airlines.
I called Delta airlines and the agent on the phone advised me to go back to the airport and find a supervisor who will definitely help me by providing me accomodation. I went back to the airport but I couldnt find a supervisor and the officers told me that the best they could do for me is to give me a phone to contact a hospitality company,which could possibly provide me cheaper accomodation. And they did finally, they gave me 2 new discount vouchers for another 5 star hotel with a 59$ rate per night (i don't want to give the name of the other hotel,because i dont want to make it seem like i try to promote another hotel instead of yours).
I came back to Marriott almost at 10pm because I had left my luggage there,being sure that delta would provide me free accomodation as they obviousloy should have done,but they did not finally.I was really tired being 10 hours on the road and at the airport so i thought that it might be a good idea to ask Marriott if they could at least for the first night give me the 59$ rate as the other hotel did,in order to avoid going back to the airport and waiting for the other hotel's shuttle bus to take me there. But Marriott denied again my suggestion,even though the time was very late at night and the only thing i really needed was a bed to take a sleep after a very very long and difficult day. the time as i told you was already too late at night so i guess that there was no problem with their room rate,i just asked them to give me this price for the first night. i did not try to take a benefit and stay at a lower rate....my situation was really hard and they didnt care at all. After all, I was requested them if they could just ask their shuttle bus driver to drive me directly to the other hotel which was 1,5 miles away but they REFUSED again.
I dont know the name of the manager or so called however (she was a woman and the date of the happening was 11th of may 2013) but she did not care at all about my situation. She must know that it is not all about money....I could not believe her attitude, she treated me like i was a homeless. Just to remind you that I stayed 7 nights in NY and Chicago and spent about 5000 $, staying in 4 and 5 star hotels, but i could never believe that i could face such a hard situation. I would like to thank a very kind man in the reception who did care a lot about me and apologised many times about what happened to me. And this man was the one who called the other hotel and explained them my situation and kindly requested them to send their driver to take me to their hotel.
Just for the history, the other hotel gave me an upgraded room with breakfast included with a 49$ rate per night. Can you see the DIFFERENCE now in the way you treat your customers?????
YOU MADE ME FEEL SO BAD.....YOU MADE ME FEEL LIKE A HOMELESS WHO BEGS FOR A BED....YOU MADE ME FEEL LIKE A THIEF.....WHY?????????
I wrote this review because I would like to inform the hotel managers and owners about this horrible attitude to myself. YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER....TRY TO IMPROVE YOUR SERVICE TO AVOID LOSING MORE.
I am looking forward for the responsible reply of the hotel and I can give you any information you want about what happened to me.

4 Thank nikoskarav
TheOHareMarriottTeam, Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Nikoskarav!
I feel terrible that you were stranded due to the delayed flight and that the airline did not provide you with compensation sufficient to cover even the very much discounted rate our hotel extended. I am very sorry that we could not let you stay without paying for the room and that you were in this difficult position. Thank you very much for letting us know how disappointed you were andI apologize that you were not able to stay with us. Hoping that the remainder of your travels were much improved. Thank you.
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have stayed here many times in the past....imagine my surprise at the grand renovation! Can't beat the suburban location, V V Comfy beds. Airport noise not so bad with the fan on in the room. Great staff...do they give the, happy pills?! can't wait for a return trip. Great value and location. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This property is a very typical Marriott with capable staff (aside from housekeeping) and nicely finished interiors. I have stayed here twice within a month and both experiences were pleasant, especially their marketing director (Peggy, I believe her name was) whom I met in the lobby. She went out of her way to find information for my colleagues and I to make our visit exceptional. However, housekeeping staff requires some further training on how and when to enter a room. Apparently my Do Not Disturb sign had fallen out of the card reader. At 8 am sharp while I was still soundly asleep I awoke to a scratching sound at the door, followed by her abrupt attempt at entry. She was unable to get in because of the metal flap safety device, and yelled. I asked her to come back later (preferably, after I checked out an hour later) and received a snotty sigh of disgust in return. Slleping in one's paid hotel room is not too much to ask.

Room Tip: If you are placed in a room starting with N or S rather than in the tower, keep your walking shoes o...
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Only reason not to give the hotel a 5 star rating is the fact you have to pay to park and for internet. Rarely do I ever pay for these items at other hotels across the country. Parking is understandable, however paying for internet combined with a higher than average parking fee especially compared to hotels on the same block that charge nothing for either is a major turn off. Otherwise a fantastic hotel with great service. Still some renovation work happening as of today May 8 however it didn't cause any problems and was not intrusive.

Overall another great stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank akinney9
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel recently (within the last year) redesigned and unfortunately that removed the economical food deli and expanded the high-priced restaurant. Thankfully, Gino's East is a walk away just west 0.1 mile. You should leave your car in the lot and just walk. Great pools and hot tubs, but due to recent flooding those were closed. That is not a criticism, they'd had a ton of rain and closing was necessary. Jewel/Osco nearby about a slightly longer walk the other way and across the street. We go there for a Chicago International Miniaturists Show once a year for many years now. They must be doing well to upgrade the entrance and lobby so well. If $18 for each breakfast bar tab doesn't scare you off, the buffet was great.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#138 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Chicago Marriott O'Hare? Share your experiences!