Chicago Marriott O'Hare
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$659
$1,049
$525
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
$540
$519
$594
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$530
$415
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$718
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airportairport hotelindoor outdoor poolfree shuttleshuttle serviceblue linethe concierge levelplatinum membernice propertysmall bathroombusiness meetinglight sleeperfront desk stafflobby areabed was very comfortablefitness centerdowntown
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here some years ago and thought it was below average because of age. Now the whole hotel has been remodeled and improved. I was surprised to see a few reviews saying the room was small. It's only the bathroom that is small - the rest is standard hotel size - certainly not spacious like a suite but perfectly adequate. My room had a balcony overlooking the pool. The best part of the room was the comfortable mattress and 6 fluffy pillows. I slept surprisingly well. There were some problems with noise in some parts of the hotel because of a convention and a wedding party but fortunately my floor was quiet.

Cleanliness was a problem. When I first entered the room, I found the bathroom had quite a few stray hairs on the counter, in the sink, and on the floor. I called the front desk, and the housekeeping manager came to the room. She asked me to show her the problem so I started pointing "one there, another there, there's one..." and her eyes got big. A short time later a maid came to reclean the bathroom. I could hear her scrubbing and smelled the strong chemicals. She left, so I went in to inspect the bathroom. This time I found 3 hairs on the counter but none on the floor or in the sink. I could have called again but decided I didn't want to get the maid in trouble. So I wiped it down and from there everything was fine.

We ate lunch one day and the food was good but not great. For a low-cost option, walk down the block to Dominick's grocery. They have a deli where they make sandwiches (breakfast and lunch) and there's a good salad bar. Across the street is Al's where you can get Italian beef sandwiches or all sorts of burgers, hot dogs, salads, etc.

Internet isn't free but you can get wired or wireless in your room and in the lobby. If you like really loud music while you're working, go ahead and sit in the lobby. The furniture is comfortable. You can trade off partial deafness for a good atmosphere.

The fitness room is great - clean, new machines, free weights, large-screen TVs at either end plus individual TVs on the cardio equipment. The pool looked good as well but I didn't swim. Newspapers (USA Today and WSJ) are free at the concierge stand but weren't delivered to rooms. The other nice amenity is the free airport shuttle.

The weekend rate is pretty good but I would shop around if the regular rates are high - there are many others to choose from in area. One friend stayed at Embassy Suites where you get free food and probably a bigger room.

Stayed: November 2012
TheOHareMarriottTeam, General Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Craig!
What a great detailed review. Thank you for taking the time to write in such great length, the good and the bad. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the newly remodeled hotel and we able to enjoy your time. We hope to welcome you back again some in the future. Wishing you safe travels!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice room and functional bathroom - typical Marriott cookie cutter, which is sometimes comforting! My biggest complaint was no newspaper in the morning, which I think is highly unusual for a business hotel. Great location near O'Hare, with some good restaurants only a walk or short cab ride away. Great meeting facilities with yummy food and great service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear David, thank you very much for your post. In the interest of supporting the global effort to become more environmentally friendly Marriott has chosen to deliver newspaper only upon request and to all Marriott Rewards Members that chose this preference. I you would like us to subscribe us to Marriott Rewards to ensure you receive newspapers regularly in the future please let us know. We'd be happy to do so. Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Marriott Chicago OHare is a very nice airport hotel. Free shuttle service to/from airport is a great time/money saver. From the friendly greeting by the hotel shuttle driver at the airport until the end of my stay, I found the staff to be courteous and friendly. My room was well designed, modern and very clean. I would definitely book there again. I didn't have an opportunity to use it, but the hotel does have a lovely indoor/outdoor pool. The bar/restaurant area was nicely done and a great place to meet friends while I was in town. The "L" to the city is at the end of the property, so access to downtown is really good and cheap!

Room Tip: My room was located near the elevator, but I never heard any noise at all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear DRPFF,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review on line. We look forward to coming you back to Chicago!
Safe travels!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here before our trip to London. The airport shuttle is fantastic and the staff were all very friendly. Our room was clean, spacious, and very modern. We were able to walk to a restaurant for dinner and another for breakfast but there are not many restaurants in the area. We would stay here again if we are traveling through and need to be near the airport. There is a train near the hotel we were told but it would take 45 minutes one way to downtown. Would prefer to have free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheOHareMarriottTeam, General Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind compliments! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel because I had a meeting there - and was very pleasantly surprised. I hate the typical airport chain hotel, but this Marriott was recently remodeled and VERY clean. The price for my room was a little high (around $200) but I wanted the convenience of staying where we were meeting.

The shuttle driver was fun on the way to the hotel and it was only the beginning of a great stay. My room, although somewhat small was recently re-done and clean, especially the bathroom. I also liked the nifty plug ins (electrical and more - see picture).

I was alone the first night so I ate dinner at the bar (which served the restaurant food also). I had local whitefish that was excellent. Beware of the dining room and bar prices - the quality was high but so were the prices.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it for business travel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KearneyTraveler

Thank you very much for pleasant comments! We look forward to welcoming you back!