The location of the Westin River North was great. My husband and I could easily navigate around the city to various attractions with only about a 5 minute taxi ride or 20 minute walk. The staff was generally friendly and accomodating. They kindly satisfied our request to check in several hours early. Also, we were quite happy with the low noise level in our room (12th floor) especially given its prime location. The windows in our room (Deluxe Room) were great.
I was not, however, impressed by this hotel, especially given the price tag. We requested that all down comforters and pillows be replaced with hypoallergenic alternatives before our arrival; they were not. Once we brought this to the staff's attention, they were quick to respond, but the hypoallergenic replacements were cheap and worn. There were very few outlets in the room. The rooms were generally clean, but dated. The air conditioning did not work very well. The breakfast at the downstairs restaurant was good, but overpriced.
I felt that this hotel was generally decent but that its operations were very poorly organized resulting in some preventable mishaps. I do not plan on staying here again. Our visit was not upsetting, but I did not feel that the delivered value was worth the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago River North
- Chicago Westin