“Face it, it's a Westin”

Ranked #57 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Boston
“Face it, it's a Westin”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Was here for three nights at a small meeting. Nice very large room. Well appointed with King bed with many pillows, desk, chair, lounge, and nice LG flat screen TV. Bathroom was a nice size, rainfall showerhead with plenty of towels. Had free internet from the meeting, normally $14.95 per day. Location is onm the Chicago River and about 5 blocks from Michigan Ave.

1 Thank frugalarnie
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hello frugalarnie,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I’m delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and live up to the Westin brand that you've come to expect. The next time your travels bring you to Chicago I hope that we will be seeing you again!

Bryan W.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here on business for my first trip Chicago.

Location: This is right in downtown on the River. It was awesome to be able to get to anything around the area.

Staff: The staff was awesome and friendly. I was able to get free internet since I have SPG Gold status. This was perfect as I had to do work in the room during hours we did not have access to the conference rooms in the basement.

Facilities: The bathroom was great with the rainfall shower head and the beds were comfortable. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I did have a River View which gave me a semi-decent view.

Would I return: Yes I would definitely stay at the Westin again and I believe there is great value at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a River View room and always use your status if you have it with SPG.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank himynameisjosh
Hello Josh E,

It was truly a pleasure to be a part of your recent Chicago escape. I’m happy to see that you enjoyed the overall stay and service so much that you you've shared this glowing review with us and would return on your next visit to Chicago. We look forward to when that time comes, and if there is anything we can do to make your return trip just as memorable please do not hesitate to ask!

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This visit was for a meeting. The facilities were pleasant and appropriate for the group. Seating was comfortable. Our River Level meeting rooms offered pleasant ambiance and river edge views that provided pleasant but not overpowering natural light. There were some pillars in one room which could be problematic for some functions but worked very well to softly separate the meeting area from technical equipment and guest seating. Food was of high quality and staff was engaging and professional. Although I did not overnight, participants who did do so were complimentary of the guest rooms. The hotel is well located on the river's north shore and a convenient walk from restaurants and Michigan Avenue shopping.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WARSAWRUN
Hello WARSAWRUN,

Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. I'm happy to hear that you found our meeting facilities comfortable and suitable to your needs for your recent event. I hope that the next time you come through Chicago we'll be able to have you as one of our overnight guests and show you the full Westin Chicago River North experience.

Baltimore
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is an incredible Westin! While the restaurant, rooms, service and club lounge are far above average, the best part of this location is the fitness center. Sam, who is there bright and early every morning, is a certified personal trainer and will work with you to design a workout especially for you and your fitness goals. As a fitness junkie, I have come across a number of PTs and I can say without a doubt that is is one of the best. He is motivational (which you need at 5:30am) and incredibly kind and personable. If you are someone who travels every week or just there for a one time trip, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. And make sure you get to the fitness center to meet Sam.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear mcq11,

Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. Sam is certainly very valuable to our hotel and is able to provide a very unique and renewing experience in Westin Workout for our guests as you've seen. His unique service enables you to achieve your wellness goals not only during your stay here, but into the future as well. Your recommendation does not come lightly and it means a lot to all of us. I hope that we will be seeing you again soon, and I'm sure Sam is looking forward to seeing you again soon as well!

Somerset, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. The room was nice however very dark. The staff is exceptional. The lobby was adequate. The charge for wifi is ludicrous. When you stay in a 4 to 5 star resort you expect amenities. Charging for wifi is in the Dark Ages. You can get it for free at diners, dives, and coffee shops. Disney finally smartened up. Don't cheapen yourself Westin.
The parking for $65.00 a night is also insulting to clientele. Don't stay here until wifi is included and parking is reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jake749212016
Hello Jake74921,

Thank you for taking the time to share the gift of feedback with us. I'm delighted to hear that you felt our staff as a whole was able to meet and exceed your needs. I am however also disappointed to see that you felt that the value for your recent stay was not there. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future and have the opportunity to meet your expectations in regards to value.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is an above average Westin. Great location, nicely laid out lobby with good food and a nice bar. The overall impression is of a very nice hotel. The rooms are very nice, but I have too small complaints. First, it is one of those hotels where the entrance light switch turns on one light, in the entryway. So walking in at night, with bags in hand, its a pain in the neck to wander around and find the switch on the lamps. Second, no fitted sheet, so the darn sheets get pulled out at the foot of the bed every night I sleep there. Excellent room service menu

Hello Chris B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate the feedback that you've provided to use regarding the lighting and the bedding and I'm sorry to hear that you did have troubles with these items. I am also glad to see that this did not affect your overall experience negatively and that you did have a positive visit with us. We very much appreciate the kind words that you've shared with us, and I hope that we will be seeing you again soon!

Erin
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We arrived early and the staff were warm and courteous. We got in to our room early and they were clean, quiet and had an amazing view of the river. We ordered a few things we forgot and they were brought up quickly and the service was great. The hotel is centrally located close to shopping, great restaurants and other attractions. Highly recommend the Westin

Room Tip: Get the room overlooking the river
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg_and_Bridget
Hello Greg_and_Bridget,

I'm truly delighted to hear that our staff was able to not only meet but exceed your expectations from welcome to farewell. It sounds like you were able to take some time and unwind during your recent Chicago escape, and we're very proud to have been a part of that.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another renewing visit!