“Luxury Compfort”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #65 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 5, 2013

One expects a certain level of luxury from Westin Hotels. The Westin Chicago River North goes beyond this expectation. The room was the quietest I have ever stayed in. The location was great - right on the river. Everything Chicago was within walking distance, theater, restaurants, galleries, parks, and nightlife.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the river & have a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Lyke2Travel4,

I'm truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to Chicago and that we were able to play a part in that recent trip. Whether it be for business or a weekend escape I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon for another renewing visit!

Peter S.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Westin hotel is in a perfect location to walk to or access subway to all attractions in Chicago, including the various river cruise providers. It is also within walking distance of many great restaurants. Ask for a room with a view of the river. Very clean, spacious and comfortable rooms as well as helpful staff and knowledgeable concierge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view o the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Livio C

Dear Livio C,

I'm delighted to hear that you were able to take some time and unwind in Chicago. The Chicago River is one of the more inspiring sights in Chicago and I'm happy to hear that you were not only able to enjoy it while you were here, but also from our property.

The next time you choose to escape to Chicago please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our Concierge so they may ensure your next stay is as memorable as your recent stay.

Be well,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at this property on several occasions for both business and pleasure.
The location is conveniently located close to shopping, tourist attractions and the trains.
The river views are superb.
The lobby bar is the perfect place to collaborate and work during the day (and socialize at night).
The rooms and beds are at the high quality you would expect from the Westin brand.
But what sets this property apart from others is the exceptional service of the staff.
I have stayed at most of the Chicago hotels, and this one is easily at the top of the list!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Michael M,

We're truly proud to be considered your home away from home while in Chicago. It brings myself and rest of the team here at The Westin Chicago River North great pride to hear that whether you choose to stay for business, or for a mini vacation to unwind and enjoy the sights and sounds of Chicago that we have been able to consistently meet and exceed your expectations.

I know that I speak for the rest of the team when I say that we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I extended a work trip for a weekend with my wife and being a Starwood member chose this WESTIN property. We were not disappointed. In fact, we were wowed by this property, the staff, the service and the location. We were treated to a great quality room, he service we have become accustomed to from the WESTIN and this roperty was walking distance to EVERYTHING. Dowtown parks, the Magnificant mile, everything. Great stay worth the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear demtwins,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take some time out of your busy schedule and unwind with us for a weekend getaway. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon for another renewing visit!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Chicago River North in April of 2013 for a business conference. The conference was also hosted at the Westin, so it was very convenient to stay there. I had a very nicely appointed room, with a lovely view of the river.

Bathroom is updated, along with the room. Great bed, and enjoyed room service one night with a fantastic burger and wine. Directly across the street was a great wine bar, cannot recall the name of it.

I did not have much interaction with the staff, but they were friendly and knowledgeable when I needed directions. Would definitely stay here again if I came for leisure or business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear ake987,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and kind words with us. We take great pride in our team and our hotel and it brings us even greater pride to hear that we were able to have a positive impact on your recent trip to Chicago. Chicago has many things to offer in the way of dining and attractions and I'm delighted to hear that you were able to take some time to unwind and enjoy some of those things during your recent business trip.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon, next time for a little more fun and a little less business so that you can experience even more the city of Chicago has to offer.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this Westin property twice and it has always been spectacular. Service. Cleanliness. Everything is done perfectly.

As always, be reminded if you are driving, hotels charge a daily parking fee. This is not unique to Westin, but part of the Chicago experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear dwnsue54,

It's truly refreshing to hear that each of your stays here with us have not only met, but exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate the kind words that you've shared with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd visit and any other future visits.

Be well,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at Westin River North for the holiday weekend.
It is a great property at a premium location. Next to the river within walking distance of many of Chicago-must sees, Millenium park, Art Institute, great restaurants, etc
I used my points for this stay so not sure of the std rates. But the experience is worth. The fact that you dont need to drive adds to the benefit of this Westin
I parked the car in a nearby self parking (parking is pricey around this area) but didnt have to worry about the car at all
Also the folks working here...the lobby attendants, the bellboys, folks at the restaurant; everyone knows the area well and were happy to answer questions. It is a great Westin property. I was in floor 16th and noise was not an issue; and the room was overlooking part of the street and part of the river. But noise was not an issue

Room Tip: I parked in the Greenway parking ramp (52$ per night) you can opt for cheaper parking (Millenieum pa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear wiminneapolis,

Thank you for taking the time to share the gift of feedback with us. I'm truly delighted to hear that you found your recent stay so refreshing and that our team was able to be a part of that. Your kind words are truly appreciated, especially from a loyal and seasoned traveler such as yourself.

We look forward to hosting your next trip to Chicago, and whenever that me please do not hesitate to reach out to any of our team members so that we can make your upcoming stay just as memorable and renewing as the last.