I'm just back from a four night stay at the Westin, as part of a conference, and have mixed feelings about the hotel. The room itself was nice; usual size, comfortable bed, flat screen tv. As others have mentioned, they charge to use the fitness center, which seems over the top for their usual rates. The room service dinner I had one night was fine (but it was just a chicken caesar salad) and it arrived very quickly. I had breakfast in their restaurant one morning and it was ok .... and around $20.
This is definitely not the place to stay if you're in Chicago on vacation. It's a bit of a walk to Michigan Avenue and while there are some restaurants in the area, nothing is very close. It was fine for the conference since the shuttle bus picked us up every morning and brought us to the convention center.
The staff was inconsistent. Sometimes there were too many bellman in the front, and other times none (yesterday when we left, nobody was there for about 10 minutes and we got our own cab to the airport). The maid service was very inconsistent.
I guess I'd recommend it if you had business in the area or are in town for a conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago River North
- Chicago Westin