“One of the best westins' out there !”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #59 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
austin
“One of the best westins' out there !”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed over the weekend for a personal visit.the room was excellent and modern. They have iPads in the room. Wifi is free. The club room is excellent for breakfast and snacks, housekeeping knew their job. This was the first stay I've had in a while where everything was working. I travel a great deal so I notice these things

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear texan123Austin,

I'm so thankful to hear that you were able to utilize and enjoy the iPad in the room and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. As a veteran traveler I'm sure you are well aware of the level of praise that being called "one of the best Westins" comes with and we are all truly thankful for that honor.

From everyone here at the Westin Chicago River North, we hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Peter S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently attended a conference at this Hotel and was very impressed. It was very modern, clean, and staffed with friendly people. The room was extremely clean, and well organized.

If you are in this part of Chicago, I would highly recommend this Westin.

Dear VETNVET,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I’m delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was so refreshing. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon when you have some time to renew and unwind with us!

ORD
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just finished a great stay at the Westin River North in Chicago.

As a gold was upgraded to a club level room which I was very pleased with as I understand upgrades are supposedly tough to come by at this property.

My room faced Marina Towers & had a partial river view.

Room/bed/bath were all Westin quality, slept beautifully. I really like that the hallways are very quiet at this property (at least they were during my two night stay).

There is a really nice view of the skyline & river from the Club lounge. I didn't utilize the lounge during the evenings for the hors d'oeuvres or honor bar, but did use the lounge for the continental breakfast each day. While there were no hot entrees like eggs & bacon/sausage, there were some small croissants & sliced meats/cheeses, fresh fruit (actual real sliced, not from a can), & some other misc pastries/muffins. Morning lounge staff was terrific with refills & their attention to any request one had.

The local area isn't my cup of tea when it comes to bars or restaurants (overpriced & generally lacking quality for what one gets) but if anyone is there on a Sunday and you have not been to the House of Blues Gospel Brunch, go! Lots of fun & just across the street: www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/gospelbrunch.asp

I did not utilize hotel parking as there is free overnight parking on streets nearby, just have to make sure you grab your car before the morning start-time for the meters kicks in.

Westin Chicago River North
320 N Dearborn Street
Chicago IL 60654

Room Tip: The club lounge is on the 20th floor, personally the club area as in most hotels can get loud, so I...
1 Thank SweetWillie
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear SweetWillie,

I am delighted to hear that your recent stay was so enjoyable! As a well traveled SPG Gold member I am aware that you have the opportunity to visit many great hotels around the world and your kind words are not taken lightly.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another renewing experience!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As plenty of other reviewers said, the hotel is very nice, clean, and in a convenient location. There is free wifi and an there was an ipad in the room for us to use on our stay. Aside from that, I cannot say enough about how helpful and pleasant the staff were - the front desk, the concierge (especially James), the bellmen, the cleaning crew and the room service people were all so nice and eager to help with whatever you need.

Room Tip: As others said, you should definitely ask for a river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carli79
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Carli79,

I am delighted to hear that your recent visit was a renewing one. It makes me very proud to hear that our staff was able to have such a large impact on your recent stay, especially James. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to him, and I'm sure he looks forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Greensboro, NC
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a meeting and found it lived up to my expectations of Westin. Nice, comfortable, well appointed rooms. The location is great. Not to far from Miracle Mile but far enough to be out of all the hustle and bustle and a more reasonable price. Lots of restaurants near by as well. The gym is really nice and well appointed. The meeting I attended was at the hotel and they did an excellent job with the food, AV needs, and meeting room accommadations. Downsides are few but I would like more outlets near the bed so I can work on my laptop without working from the battery. Also if you are a light sleeper ask for a room on a higher floor. I was on the 5th floor and the street noise didn't bother me, but my boss was on the 4th and was kept awake at night.

Dear Cindy C,

All of us here at The Westin Chicago River North truly appreciate your kind words. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet all of your expectations while you were here. I'm also very thankful for the gift of feedback you have given us regarding the outlets and the noise. Feedback such as this is what we use to fuel change in our hotel and will play a major role in our next renovation.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon for an even better experience, and once again thank you!

Talibon, Bohol, Philippines
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good location. Restaurants,nightlife are just walking distance. Hotel staffs are very pleasant and accommodating. Clean spacious room. I got a nice and quiet corner room with a view of the Chicago river and the house of blues. Just one thing,they don't provide in-room slippers.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a view of the Chicago river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Danny S
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Danny S,

We truly appreciate your kind words and I am so very delighted to hear that we were able to play a positive role in your recent Chicago visit. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

The next time we are able to welcome you back please do not hesitate to reach out to our Front Desk, Service Express, or Housekeeping team in regards to in-room slippers and it would be our pleasure to provide those for you!

Stay well,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was nice and the desk staff and executive lounge staff were super friendly and helpful. The river view from my room was very nice. I stayed here for business, while attending a show at the Merchandise Mart, which was a short walk away.

My complaints are:

- the Executive Lounge was a disappointment. It seemed like an afterthought. The breakfast was a few cold pastries/breads, instant oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and some fruit. While not terrible, not anything close to other Westins I have stayed at.

- the pricing of items from the Honor Bar (in room bar) were not depicted clearly. For instance- a bottle of wine that was listed as $25 had a final price of $33, due to gratuity and taxes? I felt this was misleading and ultimately led to a higher final bill than I was expecting.

- service in the Ember restaurant was not the best. When paying $21 for a breakfast bar, I would think you would at least receive a coffee refill.

Overall, the stay was comfortable and the staff made it nice. The ranking of 3 was due to the above mentioned disappointments.

1 Thank biztravlr063
Dear biztravlr063,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us the gift of feedback. I'm delighted to hear that many of our associates were able to make a positive impact on your recent stay, but naturally disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations. Feedback like this is what we use to fuel change within our hotel, so once again thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will surely address this further with the team here.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago we will be able to welcome you back once more and show you the experience The Westin Chicago River North is meant to provide.

Stay well,