“Great hotel, perfect location”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #65 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the holidays and had an enjoyable experience. The hotel is near Michigan Avenue and walking distance to Water Tower Place and loads of great restaurants. Will stay here again next time we are in Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2012
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear jdm3x,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holidays. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another renewing visit.

Peter S.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was actually here in Chicago for bachelor party, and we all chose to stay in this hotel due to the prime location to bars and restaurants. This hotel felt elegant, and the staff was more than accommodating. I would definitely stay here regardless of the type of trip you are taking.

Room Tip: The river front views are amazing
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Joey G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Westin Chicago River North with us. I'm delighted to hear that our staff was able to go above and beyond for you and your guests during your trip to Chicago. We take pride in our ability to cater to all guests no matter if they're here on business or pleasure. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope that we will be able to welcome you back many more times in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

A great location in Chicago. Close to the Magnificent Mile and tons of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is very clean. Rooms are huge with all amenities and the staff are quite attentive. We were visiting for a father/son weekend and wanted no unpleasant surprises. The Westin came thru wonderfully.

The only negatives: no free wifi in rooms, just the lobby (really??!), no pool and lastly, a free breakfast would have been great. But this hotel was perfect otherwise.

Tips: There is a Harry Caray's restaurant across the street but call ahead to make reservations as they get busy. Also an Eistein Bros. for a good breakfast option. If heading to Wrigley Field the red line train station is at Grant Ave. about 3 blocks easy walk away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear DRNJ1960,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words and recent experience with us. We are delighted to have been able to play a part in your father/son weekend and we hope to welcome you back for many more.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the moment I walked through the door, I felt like a valued guest. Every staff member made a point to say hello and over their assistance, not just when I arrived but throughout my entire stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Amanda C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at The Westin Chicago River North. I'm delighted to hear that we were able to have such a positive impact on your recent trip to Chicago. It was our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we most certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Westin River North April 12-13 with a group of friends. I love most Westin properties but this one feels off-brand. The lobby is nice but slightly dated. The rooms are the same, dated and not fresh.

As for the service, also just okay. I asked the concierge several questions about parking and baggage and instead of helping right away, they would send me off to the valet or front desk. This is fine but for what I thought to be simple questions, I felt I was getting the run around. However, the bellhops were great, especially Allen!

To end on a positive note, the location is amazing! Also, easy self-parking options make the hotel more accessible than other Chicago hotels I've stayed at.

Overall, I would consider staying here again but only because the location is amazing. However, I would perhaps consider other nearby options as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Jaya R,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us the gift of feedback from your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for feeling that we were "off-brand" and for falling short of not only your expectations, but the level of service that we aspire to provide.

I most certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon and I'm positive that we will be able to not only meet but also exceed your expectations while you are here.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have been more than pleased each time. Great service! I had a little mishap with my key not working, but I have to say that Bryan "front desk manager" went above and beyond to make me happy!!! Convenient location too! Will always stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cathy K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your past experiences with us. I'm truly delighted to hear that we've always been able to exceed your expectations during your numerous stays with us. I will pass your kind words along to Bryan but I'm glad to hear that he was able to have such a positive impact on your stay and we're proud to have him as a part of our management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon, and please feel free to contact Bryan or one of the other front office managers prior to your arrival so that they may oversee your accommodations and ensure you have another wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have visited this hotel several times over the past few years. The service always exceeds my expectation. On the most recent stay I was able to communicate with Lisa the concierge before arriving and she addressed all my concerns and requests promptly. The on property service was always provided with a genuine and caring attitude, and the in-room iPad was very convenient for placing some random room service orders throughout the day. We were only able to stay for a night, but I wish that we could've stayed longer! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martin W

Dear Martin W,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences with us at The Westin Chicago River North. I'm delighted to hear that you've found that our property is able to continually exceed your expectations.

We are very fortunate and proud to have Lisa interacting with and assisting our guests on a daily basis. As you've experienced, her caring and instinctive attitude are invaluable to our team and why she is so well liked by our guests and associates.

I'm happy to hear that you plan to return soon, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another renewing visit.