“Quality hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Chicago River North

You added The Westin Chicago River North to your Saves list
The Westin Chicago River North
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60654 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #42 of 184 Hotels in Chicago
York, United Kingdom
“Quality hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took our 3 kids (ages 10 / 8 / 6) to Chicago for 4 nights in late December and got a great deal on 2 rooms in the Westin. What a great hotel it is - super location, luxurious without being over-the-top or stuck up, quiet and very relaxing, lots of eating and drinking options on your doorstep. The rooms were v nice (we were upgraded to club rooms on 16th floor) and the staff were all extremely friendly. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Antony L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was in Chicago for 3 months for a client engagement. While here, I stayed at multiple properties (Hilton, SPG, Marriott, InterCon). The best property of them all, hands down, was the Westin Chicago River North. While all of my hotels were great, this Westin stood out because of the quality, professionalism, and friendly service provided by the Westin team. Their service was by far the best I'd received while in Chicago. From the friendly morning doorman who always greeted me with a smile and secured cabs for me (Scott - Thank you!), to the night manager who tirelessly made sure that I was always taken care of (Brian - Thank you!), Westin exceeded expectations. Lastly, I want to thank Sam, the cheerful, inspirational trainer on staff who custom designed several workouts for me during my stay (Sam - Thank you!!). I look forward to my next assignment in Chicago, and my next visit to this excellent property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My title sums it up..
Get a high floor bc the view is AWESOME...
Walking distance to so many places...you're right in the middle of it all!...anythign else is a quick cab ride.
Front desk very friendly...SPG gold upgrade easily...
Concierge was very helpful too.
Only reason they dont get 5 stars is bc it wasn't above and beyond (which is what I give 5 stars to)...it was your typical Westin service.
But of course the thing I rave the most about it...my Dog was super happy with getting to stay for free :--) ok ok..so maybe that was me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Westin from 01/07-01/09/2013 for a work meeting. The hotel is well situated within walking distance of Michigan Avenue and tons of great restaurants and shops in the area. From the doorman to the receptionist, the entire hotel staff were very courteous and welcoming. I was very pleased that even with arriving into the hotel at 10am, they were still able to accommodate me and get me into a room right away. I stayed in a king size room with a sofa and a chaise sofa. The room was very spacious and well kept. The bathroom was of good size and had a great rain-shower head. There is very affordable sushi "stand" in the bar/lobby area. Drinks are a little pricy, but everything in the area is. Meeting rooms were spacious and the meeting food was above average. All in all, a great place to stay or have a meeting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear EyeLoveFood,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at The Westin Chicago River North.

I was pleased to hear we were able to accommodate your early arrival and that you thought our brand new showerheads were great. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our great location and found our staff to be courteous and welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Chicago River North once again.

Be Well,

Peter
Worcester, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at many Westin resorts through the years. This one was fine but not quite at the level we usually see. Rooms were small but adequately sized. Bed as always was great. But, on two occasions we ran out and/or low of hot water, once in the morning and again one evening. One towel bar was loose at one end and barely hanging on and wall paper was peeling up in one location in the bathroom. No deal breakers, just not at their usual high level. People were friendly and helpful as usual. The location of the hotel is great, just a couple blocks from a blue line stop (Clark/Lake) making it convenient for airport transportation if you are wise enough to avoid renting a car. No need. Also short walk to Michagan avenue and other downtown sites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear JW/SB

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities. We welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the lack of hot water on two occasions as well as the loose towel bar and peeling wallpaper in your bathroom. I can assure you that I will follow up with my team and would like to discuss with you further your experience during this past stay. At your convenience, please call the hotel at 312-744-1900 and ask for me directly.

Our team at The Westin Chicago River North makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves. At the Westin we just don’t promise a better hotel, but a better you. I would like to apologize if in any way we fell short in this respect. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Be Well,

Peter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We've stayed at most hotels in Chicago, but this tops them all.
Elegance, service, value, view and location will bring us back soon!
A request for a late check out was most graciously granted with an unexpected 4pm window. The Heavenly Bed and heavenly shower system complimented the comfortable furnishings. Loved the inviting lounge near the lobby. Excellent, friendly staff made our 35th anniversary celebration delightful.

• Stayed December 2012
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I booked the New Year's package and upon check in I was upgraded to an executive room with a beautiful black marble bathroom as well as complimentary wi fi and an ipad (which was unexpected). In addition, I received an entire bottle of sparking wine (not a split) and access to the club lounge where they were serving canapes and wine that evening and for breakfast there was an assortment of fruit, pasteries and charcuterie along with orange juice, expresso and coffee.
Very impressed.