We stayed for five days at the Westin Chicago River North and felt the staff made the trip perfect. I had made a mistake in our reservation, and we could have had a disaster. By chance we had Bryan Williams, the Assistant Front Desk Manager, check us in. He was so understanding and helpful, and definitely went out of his way to make everything right.
Our room was towards the end of the building so we had a magnificant view of the Chicago River and the unique architecture of the buildings down Wacker Ave. In addition, we were right across the street from the House of Blues and a very unique parking garage/apartment building. The room was immaculately clean, and really did have "heavenly beds" -- I slept great every night. We were on the 14th floor, but never had to wait long for an elevator to go either up or down.
All the staff was friendly and helpful -- and I mean from the housekeeping staff to the management. I especially loved my daily smile and conversations with James at the luggage assistance area, and the wonderful young woman at the desk who printed my boarding passes for me the night before we left when I couldn't get the computers/printers in the business center to cooperate. The concierge was very knowledgeable, and gave us good ideas to maximize our enjoyment of the city.
We loved the location. Walk down Dearborn Ave., and you are at the Goodman Theater in the theater district. A block away was Wacker Ave which you could take for a few blocks to Michigan Ave. to get tickets for all of the boat tours. We also found it an easy walk to the Magnificent Mile (with the John Hancock Building -- tour to the 100th floor), and even walked to the Navy Pier and Willis Tower without much effort. (The Willis tower is the Sears tower renamed.) There were many nice restaurants nearby, and a CVS close enough to pick up all the things we needed during our stay. (This CVS had a food section and wine/beer in addition to the regular drugstore fare.)
The food we had at the hotel was excellent, and the complimentary USA Today and Wall Street Journal were readily available at the desk. We did not pay for internet in our room, but instead spent time each day in the lobby checking our emails through the free wifi there. The nice big couches and chairs were very inviting, and the decor tastefully thought out. I also enjoyed an apple one afternoon in the lobby (hot apple cider was also available) -- a nice fall touch.
Thanks to the staff, this was a perfect trip. I will definitely book this Westin again when visiting Chicago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago River North
- Chicago Westin