The Westin Chicago River North
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,063 results
All reviewspersonal trainerchicago riverheavenly bedgreat locationhouse of bluesexecutive clubfitness centerwithin walking distancethe loopvery nice hotelbusiness travelerlobby barfree internetlate checkgreat roomblue linefew blocks
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Disappointed with this property. Valet service at $55 fails to answer phone. Housekeeping fails to stock basics like Do-Not-Disturb sign, and calls to "Express At Your Service" Promise to deliver a sign and don't. The curtains on the windows cover 50% of the light when open.

The front desk staff and luggage and concierge are pleasant, but for a downtown expensive property, this experience was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BayAreaTripper
Peter S, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear BayAreaTripper,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear your experience with the front desk agents, luggage attendants, and concierges was pleasant, however I apologize your stay with us did not live up to overall expectations. Please know we greatly value your opinion on our hotel, as it helps us realize where we need to improve.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We would love to welcome you back soon. For any future reservations, please contact me directly at peter.simoncelli@westin.com.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is very pleasant and the staff is welcoming and helpful. Our room was spacious with a river/city view. Chicago is a fabulous, walkable city and this location was perfect to find some great places to eat, The Chicago Institute of Art, Lake Michigan, and the "Magnificent Mile", Michigan Avenue for shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear Konstandena,

Wow! 155 reviews on tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at The Westin Chicago River North. We truly did appreciate the business and are glad to hear the location fit your needs. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights during the first week of July. This place is quiet and a bit dark, since it is hidden between giant buildings but the river view is magnificent. Rooms are clean and well maintained. My kids liked the beds and the room service breakfast. I think the most important advantage of this hotel is LOCATION - close to everything! We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will definitely use it in the future,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for business and had an upgraded room overlooking the river. The location can't be beat right by the theater and restaurant districts and within waking to Millenium Park.

The rooms are spacious, staff courteous and helpful and everything was very clean. Note that while my river view room had a wonderful view, I could hear traffic across the metal bridge even at 3am. Opt for drink and views not room with a view.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear CDLFL15,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear you found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We take pride in ensuring all of our guests leave in a better state then when they arrived. Also, we appreciate that you found our hotel to be very clean. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed last weekend for a visit to see my daughter. Looked around on trvel sites and noticed that almost all hotels were booked or very expensive in downtown Chicago. I called the Sheraton hotline and was offered a promotion that I could'nt refuse. I drove from Minneapolis and parked my car at my daughters apartment. We took the Red Line to the hotel. It is a 4 block walk. Not bad. The hotel was sleek and clean in the lobby. There were alot of young couples, as there were a couple of weddings planned for that weekend. Lots of activity and fun people watching. Our room was #809. It was very very nice. It was big for some Chicago hotels. The bed looked inviting (I was tired from the 7 hour drive). We left and went to dinner. After dinner we crashed. The bed was so comfortable. The bathroon was updated with Marble. We used the lobby bar a couple of times and the bartenders were very nice. The front desk was very nice too. It was a perfect time to be in Chicago. This hotel was in a nice location. I have always preferred the Northern side of Michign Avenue (900 block) but I found that there were many many restaurants and bars that were lively and fun. I would recommend going back. Only complaints are: Palying for the use of computer in the lobby (5.00) I tried it and it didnt even let me use sites because of security. Didnt like paying for nothing. I also think that 29.00 is too much for parking. I am glad I didnt have to. The price for drinks and coffee is expensive, but most are at a nice hotels like the Westin.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful room that overlooked the River
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family