We stayed here between Xmas & New Year in an Executive Floor Room. This room represented excellent value for money as we got a reasonable continental breakfast every morning, canapes from 5 - 7pm and soft drinks available all day until 9pm at night.
The room itself was modern and clean with a view of the Sears Tower and down the river. There were some small but quirky nice touches such as chocs at turndown with some kind of orange essential oil to aid sleep and on New years Eve, we came back in the afternoon to two bottles of water by the bed with two packets of Alka Seltzer (fortunately we didn't need them!).
The staff in Exec Lounge, Reception and Concierge were friendly, polite, professional and helpful without being over the top.
We ate in the Ember Grille (hotel restaurant) one night. The food was good but the portions were huge which was a bit offputting if you're a small eater. It was empty so the ambience was a bit weird but the service great.
The location of the hotel is great - 5 mins walk from the El, 10 - 15 mins walk from the Magnificent Mile, 15 mins walk from Sears Tower, 40mins walk from the Shedd Aquarium & Field Museum (you can get the El too but we wanted to walk through Millennium Park which is definitely worth a look).
There are lots of good places to eat close by, particularly if you like meat, however, if you are veggie, the choices are limited (fairly common in US). Bin 36 which is right next door to the hotel was so good we went twice and you MUST try a cheese flight which is fab as a starter. We also ate at an Italian called Maggianos which was 5 mins walk away and was also amazing. The atmosphere was good and the food even better. the portions are massive again so prob best to get a whole serving between 2 (Half serving's available too). Their home baked lemon cookies are lovely also. It's prob best to book as it was packed every night.
We would ddefinitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago River North
- Chicago Westin