i had to be in chicago for business and the whole city was booked out. Having left my booking till late, i found the prices were out of control!
i searched pricline and found two choices - a 2 star hotel and the westin north river - for the same price! i chose the westin, but i was very concerned because of the bad reviews i read - especially highlighting poor service the reviewers had received.
I can only say that those people must have picked the one day of the year that the service was less than exemplary.
The location was fantastic, the room excellent and the service peerless.
Upon checkin i was automatically upgrade and given complementary breakfast the concierge organised a tour for me and followed up to see if i enjoyed it. The only downside was that i found out that all Westins in North America are now non-smoking, but that too was a good thing as i had a great stay AND cut down at the same time.
i mentioned the poor reviews to the staff as i was leaving and told them how wrong the reviews were - they were really upset that some guests had not enjoyed the hotel.
While the price at the time was high (but still the same as a two star property was advertising) i will definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago River North
- Chicago Westin