When I was looking for a place to stay for a weekend getaway, I came across a good deal of about $115 a night for the Westin. My last trip to Chicago, I stayed on the company's dime at the Four Seasons which is flawless. However, I cannot afford the FS so, I booked across the street at the Westin.
It's nice enough. The location is great and bed was comfortable. I had little interaction with the staff and was moderately concerned that no identification was checked when I checked in, as I was prepaid. The only things of note were the pretty loud hallway noise. I know this is dependent on neighbors, but it seemed excessive. And the window leaked and made the carpet wet. The room had no mildew smell although I could see some on the window frame. I left a towel on the windowsill to mop it up and it froze to the window frame. I guess the 15 degree weather doesn't encourage mold growth! Oh, and the paint was peeling above the bathtub. Not that it effected my stay in the least, but it was an eyesore.
My weekend away was nice except for the FRIGID temps. I know I should have expected as much, but 15F!! WOW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago is on the Magnificent Mile across from Bloomingdale's and the upscale shops of Water Tower Place. The exhilarating excitement of Chicago is at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelPower so you can book your The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Westin Michigan Ave Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago
- Chicago Westin
- Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago