“Had a great time”

The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
Ranked #54 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were at this hotel for a wedding and everything was excellent. The rooms were very nice and the bed was comfortable. Any problems were handled professional and did not diminish the stay. I would highly recommend for your event.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Hi Frederick L,

Thank you for the great input! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed for a recent business conference. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. A lot of random noise between 0330 and 0500 - couldn't figure where they were coming from. Accommodations for the conference were more than adequate. Catering was also very tasty. Staff was all extremely welcoming and helpful. Great location on Michigan Ave near the lake.

Hi traveller2332,

Thank you for the helpful input. We apologize for the noise issues you experienced, and we have followed up with security to ensure that they are doing their rounds. Overall, we are so glad that you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great place and location. I enjoyed the heavenly bed and so did my four legged friend who got her own bed. Many restaurants, shopping and parks within walking distance. Have stayed here numerous times and will continue to do so when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank John S

Hi John S,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. We love that you and your dog enjoy the Heavenly beds (both big and small). We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and look forward to continuing to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed here for a bachelorette party and enjoyed the experience immensely. Firstly, the location is GREAT.... so close to shopping, restaurants (cheesecake factory... that is all) and the lake! The hotel feels quite classy and sophisticated but didn't cost a ton. We had four girls in our room and it was quite reasonable! The bathroom was great, shower was nice and had adequate space for toiletries for four people (nice ledge by tub) Our friend's room layout was a bit different, their bathroom was larger than ours... lots of counter space! Also... the beds. THE BEDS! They were so comfy and clean with crisp white linens. My ONLY room complaint is: we could really hear the other people in the room next to us. I was awoken at 7am by a screaming child, not my cup of tea!

The hotel staff were quite friendly in my interactions with them (which were very few) we ordered pizza and didn't have enough money on hand to pay so the doorman covered for us, we payed him back... but how nice was that! There is a Starbucks in the hotel lobby... if you like Starbucks, that is a plus. They also have a nice bar!

Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view... I think you can see the lake from some of them!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hi Emma N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great story! We are delighted that you had fun at the bachelorette party and that you ladies chose to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

As a frequent traveler that stays at the Westin North Michigan on almost a weekly basis, I have only great things to say about the staff. On my most recent visit I had a last minute change to my schedule which was handled with great care and professionalism by a new front desk person named Lindsay. Kudos to Lindsay! Also wanted to commend one of the sales managers, Melissa Moss for her superior service and attention to my travel needs. Thanks!

Hi Lars105635,

Thank you for the delightful comments! We have recognized Lindsay and Melissa for their outstanding service, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Loved the two night stay here. The hotel is on Michigan Ave within Chicago's best shopping area. Service was first-rate and the restaurant was excellent. We'll be back for our third stay here next spring.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi 4starrs,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are so glad that you continue to stay with us and that you will be returning in the spring. We look forward to welcoming you back and being your home base on the magnificent Mile.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I visit Chicago once a year for a business conference. In the past I have always found myself tossing and turning in the middle of the night due to the constant city noise (sirens, traffic, trains) things you just can't turn off when you're ready to go to bed. Until now - My stay at the Westin was amazing - I slept like a rock/log/baby both nights. I was refreshed in the morning and I’m happy to say stayed awake at the conference. The bed and pillows were crazy comfortable, I can't say enough about them. One last thing - when I made the reservation I did request a quiet room away from the street and elevators, the Westin was happy to oblige. Many thanks to the Westin staff, I'll be back!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room when you make your reservation.

Hi Lisa H,

Thank you for sharing! We are delighted that you had such a wonderful night and that you found our Heavenly beds to live up to their name. We can't wait to have you back next time you are in the windy city!