I rated this hotel as a 2 but that is a relative rating. There wasn't anything really bad about the hotel but it certainly isn't what I expect from a Westin branded hotel. If the price and brand were economy level I would have given it a 3 or 4.
> Location, it is in a beautiful area of Chicago and the Metra is close by. Lots of great restaurant, shopping, site seeing choices. (It is directly accross from the Hancock building).
>The lobby and public areas are pleasant and well maintained. Not opulent or overly impressive but good.
> I stayed in one of the Starwood Preferred floors presumably a somewhat upgraded experience from the basic rooms. The room was very vanilla and the decor was more of what I expect at an economy class hotel. There were holes in the walls, not large but there and the vents were not cleaned very well. (See photos)
> Service was spotty. Some staff were very polite, helpful and pleasant others were rushed, curt or somewhat snobish.
Overall I was very disappointed in my experience and I am unlikely to return here on future visits as there are some clearly better choices at a similar price point in the same area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago is on the Magnificent Mile across from Bloomingdale's and the upscale shops of Water Tower Place. The exhilarating excitement of Chicago is at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Westin Michigan Ave Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago
- Chicago Westin
- Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago