The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
$273
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$187
$256
$229
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
  • Breakfast included
$595
$447
$184
$164
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$324
$195
Travelocity
2,706 results
All reviewsmichigan avenueheavenly bedgreat locationhancock buildingthe magnificent milethe north endwater tower placerush streetshopping and restaurantsgreat shoppinglake viewmag milefew blocksnavy piervalet parkingkiraspg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We rented a three room suite at the Westin on Michigan Avenue. This was the second year we have come here and the service and attention to detail is spectacular. In particular Abbie Armbruster provided a package that was second to none. Not only were we recognized immediately as returning guests, she anticipated our every need and prevented several potential challenges. Without her help this trip would not have been as successful. We are already looking forward to next year.

1  Thank sk3132013
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hello sk3132013,

Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy we were able to assist you in making sure you had a great stay! We take great pride in our staff and location. We are looking forward to your return to your home away from home!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is the second year we have reserved a three room suite at the Westin on Michigan Avenue. We were immediately recognized as returning clients and treated like royalty. Each day the staff anticipated our needs and provided services, supplies, and recommendations before we even asked. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable. the 180 degree views from the main suite were worth the price alone. Every staff member from the concierge to housekeeping provided the utmost in professionalism and hospitality. Truly a world class resort in a world class location.

1  Thank je3232013

Hi je3232013,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We love to hear when we have new members to our family. I am so glad you were able to experience some of our beautiful views and that the staff was able to make sure your stay was a great one! We look forwarding to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

From the outside, this doesn't look much like a hotel. The street level entrances are for businesses on two sides, and the official hotel entrance is an open lobby with a curved staircase -- check in is on the second floor. It's kind of an odd set-up and was a bit confusing at first, to be honest.

My company does a lot of business with this hotel and so I was given a very good rate to stay here. For this trip, I decided to bring along a friend and we would share a room and see the city between meetings. Upon check in, the front desk confirmed that I had requested a room with 2 queen beds and then excitedly told me that as a thank you for my company's loyalty, they were going to give me a free upgrade -- great! The room, indeed, was an upgrade -- it was a corner room with floor-to-ceiling windows looking down to Michigan Avenue. The only problem was that there was only one bed. I called down to the desk and asked if there was any possibility in changing rooms since we wanted two beds and the woman's attitude changed immediately. She told me that she had just given away the last 2 bed room but that I could check back the next day, after everyone checked out. Luckily, my friend and I are close so sharing a king size bed wasn't a total deal-breaker, although it's NOT what we'd wanted. (and no rooms with 2 beds ever came available during our stay)

The room itself was lovely and as much of the hotel as we saw (restaurant, etc.) was very nice looking. The property is very close to Michigan Avenue, so there was a lot to explore outside of the hotel and we didn't stay on property much.

My only real complaint was with the door attendants. They never opened the doors for us (or anyone else that we saw) regardless of how much luggage/shopping bags we or anyone else had. My friend and I traveled light, so it wasn't a big deal, but it seems like in a nice property like this, a little courtesy would go a long way. The door attendant was also the person greeting guests at the curb, but when I asked about getting a taxi he told me to walk down to Michigan Avenue and hail one myself. Now, Michigan Ave isn't far (2 blocks, maybe?) but I wasn't prepared for walking -- it was summer and HOT and I was dressed for my meeting and hoping not to get sweaty (hence the request for a cab). I was also confused because there were cabs standing not too far away -- he could have easily hailed one without leaving the spot where he stood. I ended up walking around the corner and hailing a cab myself.

The night before we left, we asked the man at the door how much time he would recommend to get back to O'Hare Airport by 9am. We figured we'd give ourselves at least 90 minutes for check-in, etc. but weren't sure what Chicago morning traffic would be like to get us there at around 7:30am. We explained that we'd gladly take the train if that was the best/easiest way and he recommended a taxi. He told us traffic would be awful and that we should leave early. His specific advice was to leave 'before traffic' and get to the airport extra early. Being naive, we took his advice and called for a taxi (ourselves, from our room) at 5:30am like he recommended. We were at the airport within 15 minutes - more than 3 hours early for our flight. Granted, he may not know the airport traffic that well and his intentions MAY have been good, but based on our overall experience with the attendants, I think this was just another way to be a jerk to out-of-towners.

I travel a lot for business, so I am familiar with the etiquette and expectations and I realize that these door attendants were looking for tips, however it is my personal policy to offer a GRATUITY for a service given. For example, if you help me with my bags, I will give you money to show my gratitude. I do not "pre-pay" for good service, which may have been the expectation with this staff. Perhaps if I had begun the trip by giving the door attendant $20 things would have been smoother during the rest of my stay, but I don't like doing business that way and since the attendants were NOT helpful to me, I didn't tip them at all. (I hailed my own cabs and opened my own doors)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank savetheredheads
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello, Savetheredheads.

Thank you for your feedback. We value this information and, on behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you faced. I'm sorry that our staff did not assist you with your bed request and while you were at the front doors. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I will forward it to the front desk manager. I hope you return, especially because you found our interior to be nice and inviting. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if there are any special requests for the next time you visit.

Kristin

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Westin had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The service was exceptional and we had a really great stay. It was close to great restaurants and shopping. You definitely want to leave your car and walk because it gets packed on the streets.

Room Tip: Heavenly King room on the preferred guest floors are the way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lace B

Hi Lace B,

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share! I am so glad you were able to enjoy our heavenly bed and that you also got to enjoy all that Chicago has to offer. We can't wait to welcome you back and make sure you visit in the summer it is gorgeous!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

4 day weekend for March Madness and another great stay at the Michigan Avenue Westin. We had a block of 3 rooms all connected and the service was excellent. The rooms were in perfect condition and the staff was polite and checked on us multiple times. Coordinating this entire trip with Abbie Armbruster exceeded our expectations and she made sure everything was setup in advance. Her professionalism, communication skills and thoroughness is world class. The concierge was extremely helpful (Kira Leigh) for dinner suggestions and optional places to watch the games. The view down Michigan Avenue is incredible and the location allowed us to get to all the restaurant and bar locations easily. The new shower heads are much better and the surprise delivery of a Towel warmer was a classy and much appreciated gesture. Not once but twice we received snacks delivered to the room (complimentary) and as someone who stays at Starwood properties primarily on business travel the level of service for my friends and myself on a casual trip was exceptional.

Room Tip: The connector suite was incredible... having rooms on either side worked out extremely well. I can't recommend highly enough working with someone in advance... Again Abbie knocked it out of the park.
1  Thank Jim35805
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Jim35805,
I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience here! Chicago loves March Madness and is on everywhere so I hope you were able to go explore some of the area. I am so fortunate to have such a great staff and we thank you so much for your kind words! We hope you come back and visit really soon so we can welcome you back!