TripAdvisor
Chicago
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ditka's restaurant the john hancock center michigan avenue complimentary wifi an older property half block bath products magnificent mile small hotel oak street beach wet bar sized bed perfect location continental breakfast guest rooms hancock building yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tried to check in but was told their system was down and to wait in the lobby for them to get me when their system was up to check in.

45 min goes by and when there was no one who came I went back to the front desk to see the front desk checking a large group in. Seemed like they completely forgot I was there in the lobby. When I went up to check in in front of another couple who just got there, the couple pointed out that I was cutting the line when in fact I was waiting for almost an hour.

The front desk staff made no acknowledgment nor explanation to the couple on my behalf that I was in fact not cutting. Nor was there an apology that they completely forgot about me.

Rude!

1  Thank lemonp2016
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Like other reviewers we had problems with housekeeping. Arrived on Saturday and room not cleaned and no fresh towels till Monday, and this only after we had complained several times. However, on the Monday we were offered a better room which we gladly accepted and things improved. I would have only given two stars without the room change and the assistance given by Deanna and Kevin who were very helpful. Another thing to mention, security is poor as most times we left or entered there was no one on the front desk and anyone could have walked in. Location is perfect, sort out the housekeeping and security and I think people would be much happier.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

The Tremont charges a mandatory amenity fee and associated amenity tax for which no amenities are provided, unless one considers a bed, two bottles of water and coffee maker/coffee packets to be amenities. Beyond that the hotel is older, and could be cleaner.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2019

Went to Chicago for a business meeting. The city was very busy so this was one of the hotel I could get. The hotel is run down. The bed is OK. The elevator is SLOW. The rooms are very basic. There is no room light switch at the room. I had to use the light from my cell phone to enter the room and find light at the night stand. It is generous to call the breakfast continental. Overall a poor experience with a bad room, no service and sub-standard breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2019

They charge 60$ for resort fee and they have no resort at all. I asked them what is resort fee for, and the receptionist said for two bottles of water, two tea bags, towels and body wash. It is a ridiculous example of a resort for 60$. Also, valley parking is 67$.

Date of stay: August 2019