“Lovely Luxury Boutique Hotel”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago area
“Lovely Luxury Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The Talbott is a great place to stay. It is a luxury boutique in the heart of the Gold Coast, easily within walking distance of Michigan Avenue, State Street, and Navy Pier. The staff is exceptionally friendly. They provide twenty-four-hour room service, concierge service, and the front desk staff and waitstaff are even cheerful late at night. The rooms are modern, well decorated, and comfortable. They feature flat-screen sattelite televisions, ihome alarm clocks, and many other conveniences one would expect from a luxury hotel, without the sameness of the chains.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SallyG2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
Hell, Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at the Talbott Hotel for a long girls weekend, to see the Kid Rock/Bon Jovi concert and to shop, of course. After a taxi ride from Union Station, in which the driver had no clue where the hotel was - even tho we gave him directions, address and cross street, we arrived and were very pleased with the location of the hotel.
The bell hops, doormen and desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful - They seemed genuinely happy to see us, like we were long lost friends. The rooms were large ( i'm comparing to the W Lakeshore), comfortable beds and furniture, great flat screen TV, large bathrooms with Aveda products and robes. We did use the concierge service a few times, they were really helpful in giving us train information to Soldier Field, gave us safety tips and secured us dinner reservations at Frontera Grill, last minute.
We did have the $15 breakfast credit at Bice Bistro, while that was a good deal - the food was just ok. We actually didn't eat there the last morning, we wanted a more substantial breakfast.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel! Great neighborhood - little grocery store Potash, around the corner on State Street and several good restaurants on Clark street within easy walking distance. Corner Bakery is a few blocks away on Rush street, as is some off Michigan Ave shopping - Lululemon, diesel, Gap 1969, Barnes and Noble, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sunnyvaca
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We had an awesome stay at the Talbott. Our plane got in at 8am so when we dropped our bags off at the hotel they informed us that as soon as a room was available they would call us. They called soon after and let us in our room three hours before our scheduled check-in time. Our room was beautiful and throughout our whole stay the staff was super friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jillianmarie83
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This hotel is by far the most impressive I have ever stayed in - I only stay at 4star properties so I consider that to be a great achievement.
From the minute I got there, the bellman introduced himself and gave me a quick overview of the hotel layout as he led me to the front desk. There is a fireplace on the left that looked oh so comfortable and a cute restaurant downstairs. The concierge was very pleasant and detailed. She gave me some suggestions about what to do nearby, and informed me that they give free daily passes to work out at an Equinox down the block which I thought was cool. She checked me in efficiently and gave me my room keys.
My room was so cozy, I did not want to leave!! The decor was a modern take on what I think an inn should be. The room had a sensor that turned on the lights when you walk in and off when you walked out.. There was an oversized king bed(with a canopy) that felt like heaven to be in. There is even a housekeeping indicator on the wall to alert housekeeping if you need service. I ordered room service from the restaurant downstairs and when they got upstairs - ding dong - there is a doorbell on my door!! I had no idea and i thought it was awesome - I hate knocking sounds!!
My only complaint is about their internet connection(i only used the wireless connection). It was free, and they have multiple networks available but none of them seemed to have a strong signal.
Overall, I loved it! I would live there if I could!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank yellows55
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Loved this hotel. You are welcomed at every turn by the staff and you feel it is sincere.
The concierges are beyond helpful, they were superb.
We had just travelled from Alaska and it was wonderful to feel a little luxury again.
I would stay there in a heart beat.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dollyddraws
Kentucky
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The Talbott is a small historic hotel much in the style of the grand old wood-panelled hotel but just on a smaller scale. The service we received at the front desk and from the concierge was excellent, and they allowed us to check in significantly early. It is very conveniently located, close to Michigan Ave dining and shopping and 2 blocks from the Red Line train stop at Chicago Ave. I stayed there for $154/night, which was a phenomenal rate. Although the hotel has been updated, it does show signs of age, with suboptimal climate control, a small bathroom, and a mild musty smell. The hairdryer was also substandard for a hotel of this calibre. Otherwise, we greatly enjoyed our stay here for its value and old-school charm.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dncatl01
New York City
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Talbott Hotel recently. It's a lovely boutique hotel (member of the Small Luxury Hotel collection) located 2 blocks from the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. The staff is very friendly/welcoming. The room (double queen) was very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was clean (double sinks--nice touch). Large Frette bath sheets--very nice touch. Large (42" flat screen) TV was great. Absolutely no view from our room, but it was quiet. Only 2 (small) complaints: drinking glasses had lipstick smudges (they were promptly replaced with clean glasses) and they need softer toilet tissue. Housekeeping was otherwise great. I would definitely return to the Talbott Hotel.

• Stayed June 2010