“Highly Recommend This Hotel”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
colorado
“Highly Recommend This Hotel”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My wife and I just spent 3 nights at The Talbott. The room was spacious, comfortable and well-appointed. The hotel is quiet although there is some construction nearby. Linens and towels first-class. Free Wi-Fi in the room. The location is terrific, just one block to Michigan Avenue. We will stay here on future visits.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
hollywood
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I have stayed at the Talbott a number of times, mostly for business and sometimes for pleasure. It is just beautiful, the rooms feel like a luxurious version of home and the staff could not be more pleasant. All that, and you are in walking distance of so much to do in Chicago... the Talbott really has it all!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We took a family trip with 28, 18 and 15 year old children to Chicago. I found The Talbott on TripAdvisor and wanted to let everyone know we loved it. Small, European style hotel, with lovely lobby area (lots of woodwork) but most impressive was the staff. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The rooms were beautful and spotless. Our only issue was a bartender that didn't seem to enjoy her job...but that was minor. The rest of the staff went above and beyond. I would highly recommend The Talbott for singles, couples or families.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Plano,TX
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I travel to Chicago 4 times a year and never stay anywhere but The Talbott. A smallish european style hotel, with great ambience and a staff that makes me feel like family. From the moment I arrive, I am greeted by name and welcomed "home". The front desk staff are friendly and efficient. The bell staff always available to perform any task with a smile. The concierge, Stephanie Emrich, is without equal. Restaurant suggestions, theatre tickets, sightseeing ideas, shopping, cultural adventures, any request, however great or small is handled with ease. She has been there, experienced it and can make it happen. Can't wait for my return visit in November!
Sheila Bielich, Plano, Texas

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Peoria, IL
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Being in the "road warrior" world one of the last thing I wanted to do was to go stay in another hotel for a week end. But this was a special week end, our 3rd wedding aniversery. My Wife sugguested that we stay at the Talboots for this week end. Boy! what an experiance. From the time I dropped off our "special car" giving the door man strict insturctions on how it was to be treated, to the check in desk, the bell man who showed us all the neat tricks of the room, and the list goes on.
My Wife had been in contact with Concierge, Stephanie, and the two of them surprised me with dinner reservations for Friday and Saturday evneing, what my Wife did not know was I surprised her with tickets to the Solhiem Cup on Friday.
By the time we got to the hotel our thoughts of about dinner had changed and, Stephanie was in true form got our dinner reservations changed to suit our late arrival times, and advised us that at the Friday night dinner time there was a group of 45 people arriving ahead of us and she sugguested to move our dinner time back to avoid the rush. This was a great idea, and I doubt if anyone else would have sugguested to move dinner to later time as to not upset a guest and tell them that there dinner reservation was not available.
During this talk with Stephanie, we where talking about some tours we wanted to do on Saturday. When we returned from a wonderfull dinner, Stephanie had taken the time to look into the tours that we wanted to do and advised us of the available times for Saturday. With this information at hand, we where able to plan our Saturday and still have a time to rest before dinner. Again all I can say is WOW.
The Talbott's have a new local customer. See you soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield MI
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I don't ever take the time to write a review but the Talbott was so nice it deserves another recommendation. Robert and Andrew greeted us as we walked in and made our stay so pleasant. They bent over backwards to make us happy - even as far as making dinner reservations for us. The concierge was a bit condescending but the rest of the staff more than made up for it. The rooms were large and well appointed and very clean. The beds were amazing. The bathroom had thick towels and robes. Will definitely stay there again - got a great deal from 1800 hotels on short notice. The construction next door was a non-issue as we did not hear a thing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband, young son and I were visiting family in Milwaukee and decided to take the train to Chicago for a night. I searched the internet at the last minute for a place to stay and came across the Talbott. What a wonderful find!

We got to the hotel at 10:30am thinking we would just leave our luggage and go explore till check in, but our room was ready and they kindly let us check in early. We stayed in a deluxe king room, which was very spacious. The room was clean and very well maintained.

We couldn't have asked for a better location. Just a few blocks from Michigan Ave. and many stores and restaurants.

I hope we get to go back and stay longer next time!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family