“Great hotel, would recommend to all my friends & family!”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed May 28, 2009

My husband & I travel from Ft Laud to Chi-town once a year and this is our 2nd year staying at the Talbott and look forward to coming back next year. Great location close to Michigan Ave & Rush St, and daily passes to the Equinox gym in the Bloomingdales building. We always excercise when traveling therefore a gym is important to us. Hugos Frog Bar on Rush St was a great place for seafood, we even ran into the general mgr for the Chicago Bears. You won't be disappointed staying at The Talbott!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GymratParkland_FL
There are newer reviews for The Talbott Hotel

Reviewed May 14, 2009

I don't think I could even think of something to complain about.. Food was excellent, the rooms were clean and beautiful, and the location was great. The service was exceptional, friendly, and helpful beyond expectations helping us with directions around the city, transportation, and anything else we needed.. The only thing that was kind of an eyesore more than anything was the construction on the building next door to the hotel, though we couldn't hear or see it from our room, and there was construction all over the city while we were there. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definetly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank keldozer
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Very quaint and romantic, yet masculine. I've noticed that at most Chicago hotel bars it's hard to get a drink much less a seat but I guess because it's a small hotel that was not a problem at the Talbott - plus people take their drinks out to the seating in the lobby because it's so inviting - cozy and comfortable - love that! Would love to stay again but I must say that I was surprised by all the comments on the comfortable beds - ours was too firm. Also note there is no gym on the premises - but walking and shopping is enough of a workout!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Airotciv
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This Hotel is beautiful, incredible large bedrooms and staff are amazing. Located just a stroll from Michigan avenue, you have the beach, shops and bars on your door step. Will definitly return.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NollaigF
Reviewed April 26, 2009

There are plenty of great things to say about the Talbott: it's location is brilliant for shopping, restaurants, bars and just about everything the great city of Chicago has to offer. The hotel is beautiful, the lobby is elegant and the rooms are tastefully decorated. We managed to get a great offer via the internet and we chose a corner executive room. However, we did get the 'internet' room which had construction right outside the window! The first downside to this beautiful place is that the cleaners left our room door unlocked when they were finished cleaning. We were certainly surprised when we tried to put the key in and the door swung open. The other downside is that the room service is minimal. We ordered dinner and received a beautifully set up tray with flowers, 2 glasses of water and 2 bowls of pasta and absolutely nothing else. The pasta had been put in the microwave and served in the same bowl, there was no bread, no garnish absolutely nothing. Fo the prices they charged I expected more. The breakfast, which wasn't included in the internet pricing, was very good. I would recommend this hotel for a nice shopping weekend.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Chicago, and agree with other reviewers that this hotel is a gem. It has a great location (2 blocks from magnificent mile, and 1.5 mile walk to the original Marshall Field's). The staff was very friendly, and accomodations had an old-Chicago flair. I believe the building next door is under construction, but it was not that loud, and you could only hear the workers during business hours (maybe this was the reason for the great price? It did not disturb our stay). Parking was not included (I don't stay in big cities often, so I'm not sure if that is normal). I would also recommend trying to book though the hotel - it was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than any of the travel searches, like Orbitz. It had a 40"+ Aquas tv, available mini fridge on request, and nice elavators (some of the other elavators in town made my life flash before my eyes...).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I was first at the Talbott about 10 years ago and was pleasantly surprised by the small warm interior surroundings. I was walking into a private livingroom where you feel like opening up a book and curling up in forot of the fire. A quaint little bar/restaurant with as well. The service is not outstanding however they are always polite. Perhaps I simply wish people to WOW me.!

The bathrooms ( which I had - cannot say they are all like this in every room) could be updated as they are not in line with the sumptious bedroom allure.

I would recommend a night stay at the Talbott.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business