“Exquisite Hotel. Elegant!!”

Ranked #12 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Middletown, Delaware
“Exquisite Hotel. Elegant!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel provides the best service, respect and satisfaction. This is the place to be treated like royalty.The hotel has several floors and the elevators are quiet and quick. The service is wonderful. The people at the front desk are friendly and offered information about local restaurants, stores and entertainment. Every time I went past the front desk, I was greeted with a smile. Great customer service!

The rooms are decorated well and furnished with beautiful furniture. I couldn't get over the large TV, which can be used as a computer. Digital thermostat. Bathroom had 2 sinks. Nice size.

Conference room was neat and spacious.

One evening during my stay, I called the front desk for assistance with the computer/TV that was in my room. Someone was at my door within 5 minutes. The person was swift and very helpful.

The housekeeping staff are great! The housekeeper offered to close my drapes, pull my blankets back and provided delicious chocolate candy each night as a treat during my 3 day stay.

Here is an example of customer service I experienced: One evening someone across the hall had ordered room service and I heard the person say "wow that was fast". Then, the gentleman who brought the food waited at the elevator with me to go downstairs. He greeted me and offered me the opportunity to get on the elevator first. When we arrived to the lobby, he then stood aside and let me get off the elevator first. Such a great gentleman!

This is the place to be as far as local attractions. There is a local restaurant within the hotel and plenty outside of the hotel. Magnificent mile is within walking distance. Take some time to visit the lake and ride the famous Ferris wheel.

This hotel is one of the best and worth the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Tajavien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the Talbott Hotel this past weekend for a family trip to Chicago. It was our first time in the city, and the folks at the Talbott Hotel made us feel welcome from the time we pulled up to the front curb. The staff at the front desk greeted us with a smile every time we passed by during our many trips to and from our room. Our one-bedroom suite was very clean and comfortable and was just the right size for our family of four. The twice daily housekeeping service, including turn-down service in the evening (with chocolates on the pillows!), was excellent! The concierge was extremely helpful and gave us useful information to navigate the shopping and restaurants. Dwayne was a great help in getting us checked out and packed up for our trip home. You can tell that the staff there cares about doing their jobs well, it shows! Everything went smoothly during our stay. We would definitely come back to the Talbott Hotel!

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor, it's quiet to help you get a good night's rest.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recommend this place. As you can see in others' reviews, this place is great.
The room was huge and the bathroom was nice too.
They have the best body wash/ lotion!!!
I stayed two different types of rooms. They both were great!!!!

Tips:
I recommend the future tourists to book this hotel by using Orbitz or other websites.
I wanted to extend my stay in Chicago, so I told the hotel. The front desk staff said it was over 300 dollars per night (you can find better deals on other "legible"websites)
Everything was perfect except for ROOM SERVICE
I ordered room service maybe 4-5 times. Very EXPENSIVE (not even delicious.....frankly terrible )

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ellee S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This boutique hotel is located in the heart of the Gold Coast and walking distance from EVERYTHING. The service is amazing and the restaurant in the hotel is great, with a beautiful outside patio. Room service is delivered promptly directly from the restaurant all day and late night. The hotel takes pride in being a "green" hotel and if you set the thermostat to turn off when you leave the room, the hotel will reimburse you for one month of your home's energy footstamp.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne C
San Francisco
Reviewed July 22, 2014

It has been a few years since I've been in Chicago for Christmas, but when I booked by ticket for this year, I asked my husband "Where was that awesome hotel we stayed at..." and he immediately remembered - The Talbott!

It was Christmas in Chicago, so freezing of course - I remember the lobby was decorated and twinkly and the service was old school and on point! I also remember the heated floor in the bathroom and the extra comfy bed. So it's been a while, but I can't wait to return for Christmas this year!

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have heated floor - but that was a huge perk in winter!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SpicyM
Sydney
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights last Summer. Probably one of the most Charming and Comfortable hotels I have ever stayed in. The service was so friendly and efficient, certainly a breath of fresh air for a weary few travellers. From the Desk staff to the Doorman who seems to be your best friend, it really made our trip to Chicago a memorable one!

The rooms were large, quiet, kept very clean, and the bed was OH so very comfortable! They were serviced promptly and quickly every day and this only added to our experience.

The location was excellent, very central to things, walking distance to many central Chicago attractions, as well as the Hop on hop of bus for us first timers to Chicago.

While I never like to dine in Hotels (just a personal preference, and hey, Gibsons is just around the corner for Steak lovers!!), if you need a decent meal, particularly Breakfast, and don't want to venture out or are unsure of where to go, then don't be afraid of the restaurant downstairs, it certainly didn't let us down.

This hotel was a real surprise, great value, great service, great location, fantastic rooms. I couldn't recommend it highly enough, and will stay here again when we return to Chicago.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at the Talbott for 3 nights in July after we had taken advice from some of the previous reviewers and we can only say that the reviews were spot on. All the staff we came in contact with during our stay were very friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel was perfect and the room we had was huge. We dined one night at the pavement restaurant attached to the hotel which was excellent and one of the other restaurants we ate at (Francesca's) was at the recommendation of the concierge and was also excellent. The hotel is also perfectly situated for shopping, sightseeing and we felt very safe waking around the surrounding area at night. Would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a few days in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple