“The only place I stay in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
San Diego
“The only place I stay in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

For me the location and neighborhood where a hotel is located are very important. I have staid at more expensive hotels in Chicago, and some less expensive but I always try here first. I need to be comfortable when I travel and this place is very hard to beat. From the bed to the pillows, to décor of the room, this place suits me to a T. Some very good restaurants are a short distance away and that is always a plus as once I get back to the hotel at the end of a busy day of meetings on the road, I want a good meal close by so I am not driving all over the place again. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

What is it that makes this hotel so well rated? I asked myself this question and I think it is because it is in a quiet area of Chicago, close to Michigan Avenue and
the Rush restaurant community. The atmosphere is calm, efficient and everything works. Gym arrangements are through Equinox a block or so away and undoubtedly the best facilities I have used in the world. It is not entirely clear that the " Little Market" restaurant is part of the hotel and I do recommend that both the hotel staff and customers make this clear in future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I just spent a weekend in Chicago and called The Talbott Hotel home. The price, location and quality of the accommodations are fair. You can stay at more expensive and cheaper places, but you may not get your money's worth.

The location is great (just a short walk off Michigan Ave.). It was nice to have a calm street to walk out to in the morning and get away from some of the craziness of the city. Access to the "tourist" part of Chicago was very easy from Talbott by walking as well as close proximity to the Red Line. But you may want to explore north of Talbott for dinner in which you can find some less touristy, yet delicious, choices.

The hotel is very clean and the bedrooms are comfortable. We stayed in a deluxe king which I believe is their "smallest' offering, but it had plenty of room and provided us with everything we could need or want. The bed is comfortable, firm but soft with the pillow top. The sheets were clean and the turndown service was nice. The bathroom had plenty of towels and was cleaned daily. We forgot to pack an umbrella, not a problem, each room is fitted with an umbrella as well as a full ironing board and iron. Also, each room has a Mac Mini computer hooked up to the LCD TV and a wireless keyboard and track pad. I found this to be great because I use the internet so much when visiting places and sometimes I just don't want to use my iPhone (free Wifi is great). I've stayed in hotels with computer access, but it was a nice treat to have the computer provided in my room. Also, the K-cup made starting the morning an easy process. Breakfast is offered in the hotel but we enjoyed walking across the street to Cru and having a relaxing brunch there.

The Talbott Hotel is a boutique hotel and it is similar to other boutiques I have stayed at. It is smaller with a very warm feeling (the entire hotel seemed to have a Fox Hunt theme). This also means you are more likely to interact with the staff. The Talbott has done an excellent job with this. The staff is incredibly nice, welcoming and helpful. My wife and I enjoyed coming in and out of the hotel because we knew it would be another chance to talk with people (Dwayne has been mentioned many times here, and he is a great way to start your stay here, but I must say that everyone was charming). It can be very nice to have this opportunity in a big hustle and bustle city like Chicago. It is worth the couple extra bucks over one of those giant chains down the street.

If we decide to spend a weekend in Chicago again, I imagine we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Parking in the city can be a bother. It will be cheaper to self-park. But, you may want to conside...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveling-Illini4
Advance, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited The Talbott Hotel on vacation and went strictly on reviews on Tripadvisor. Most of the reviews were an excellent rating and we decided to try the Talbott. We were not disappointed as this is a first rate hotel which provided excellent service and is in an excellent location. The staff went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gerald C
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Dwayne was the most helpful and delightful door man I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He made our stay at the talbot very enjoyable. Rooms were spacious, the talbot was in a great location.
Can't wait to come back

Room Tip: Great location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We loved everything about the Talbott starting with our check-in upgrade to a one-bedroom suite. Everyone on the staff was gracious and helpful and the concierge helped us get tickets to The Book of Mormon when it was almost sold-out. The bed and pillows were super-comfy, the bath towels generous in size, and the bathroom Morton & Brown amenities replenished every day. We had a paper at our door every morning and chocolates at night. We especially enjoyed having breakfast at the Market Brasserie sidewalk cafe where the juice was freshly squeezed and the lattes delicious. All that plus a great location on a relatively quiet street yet only a couple of blocks from Michigan Ave. and the Magnificent Mile. We will definitely return to Chicago and the Talbott.

Room Tip: We had a bedroom in the back off the main street and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

can't tell if it was the weather, the people, the scene, but my stay in chicago was fantastic. it also helped that my hotel stay was fantastic! everyone on staff is kind and attentive. the rooms were very accommodating (hello, k-cups, cable and free wi-fi!) and the location was very easy to public transportation. i was here for marathon weekend, and amidst all the hustle and bustle, it was nice to come home to a quiet and relaxing hotel. i liked the charm of this hotel, with its lobby in dark wood and has more of an old school classic feel to it. the price was perfect, considering the neighboring hotels with less amenities nearby were twice the price.

looking forward to coming back. thanks all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo