The Talbott Hotel
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
La Quinta
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$340
Cancelon
  • Room Service
3,270 results
All reviewsapple tvtalbot hotelthe gold coastone bedroom suiterush streetthe magnificent mileturn down servicesmall hotelmichigan avenueroom was largethe entire staffwonderful hoteltwo blocksthe location is perfectthe miracle milewater towerhousekeeping staff
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was in town for a conference and am always leery when I am unable to book my own room and hotel. I didn't have to worry here. My room was not immediately ready when I was checking in so they upgraded me to a more spacious room. The bathroom was large, plenty of room to work and a great location. The rooms were nicely appointed and the bed extremely comfortable. I have been traveling to Chicago 4--6 times a year over the last decade and have stayed at some very nice hotels with the Starwood group, the Marriots, the Intercontinental and the Hilton chain. But I would put The Talbott in the top 3 easily. Service was friendly and professional. House cleaning was spotless. I will be looking forward to my next stay at The Talbott when I return to Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We got a great, last minute, price from Hotels Tonight for 2 nights at this beautiful hotel. I usually try to stay in boutique hotels like this when I travel and was thrilled when it was on the list last weekend. The location could not be better in Chicago. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There's a nice restaurant and bar in the lobby. My only complaint is that, in room 306, while they have made some upgrades like a flat screen TV and granite counters, the furnishings are a little tired and the room had a stale smell. I'm going to go with the assumption that not all rooms are like this and I got what I paid for. I would stay there again but request a room change if the smell problem persists.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank merylsimon
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am from Chicago and now the area and hotels quite well. Do yourself a favor and don't stay at one of the big brand hotels. they are the same all over the world. Talbott has style, charm and a great personalized feel.
The location is perfect and the food is great too. You really cant go wrong.
The concierge is super helpful and can let you know the best places to go on a given day or evening.
The hotel feels like Chicago to me.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a higher floor for good views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Everything you could hope for in a great boutique hotel. Lovely room, great location, helpful and cheerful staff. Dining recommendation from the concierge (Trenchermen) was a highlight of the trip. Breakfast voucher worked out well at Market restaurant, but will admit that the one evening meal we ate there was overpriced, poorly thought out and not very tasted (wait staff were excellent). Would recommend the hotel and would stay there again but would not eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norman S
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I chose this hotel due to the great reviews, price, location and breakfast special. We stayed in Rm. 607 which was adjacent to an alley where loading truck started about 4 am. Also the Housekeeping supply room was right outside our door and this started about 7 am. For light sleepers I would ask for an inner room. There isn't much need for a view to speak of at this location anyway. Both were regular occurrences however neither lasted too long. Other than that detail, it was one of the best rooms I have stayed in. The bed and pillows were out of this world comfortable. Amenities were top quality. Access to the Miracle Mile area was easy. Location is great. We even walked to the Chicago Theater for a concert and back with no trouble. Very safe area. The staff was attentive and professional. I will definitely stay here again but ask for a different room or bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the north side of the property for less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple