“A Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 182 Hotels in Chicago
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Talbott Hotel was absolutely perfect - every i dotted, and every t crossed,my expectations were exceeded. The location of the propert is located downtown Chicago and was very close to all of the attractions I had wanted to visit. This property is also very convenient to the subway system for longer trips (Wrigley Field). The Suites were huge and also cleaned very meticuoulsy and offered turndown service. The property also offers ***free*** wifi unlike multiple properties I have stayed while in Chicago previously on buisness. The staff from the Front Desk to the Bellman were extremely attentive. There was a gentleman by the name of Gary who hailed taxi's in front of property was so personable and thoroughly gave his time to assist with directions and reccomendations. This hotel was a 5/5 in my books and will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan H

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel quite a bit for business and for personal reasons and found The Talbott to be all I had hoped and more. The reviews I read online were spot on and very accurate. The Talbott was one of my all time favorite hotel experiences. The service was impeccable and consistent. From the moment I arrived, everyone went above and beyond no matter what the request. I stayed in a one bedroom suite which was simply lovely and everything in the suite was in good shape and very clean and tidy. I had limited meals at the hotel but what I did have was very good. Location is perfect and an easy walk. The hotel is charming, quaint and a terrific change from the typical chain hotels I normally stay in for business travel. There is no doubt I will return to The Talbott for my business travel and also for personal visits. I only regret my stay wasn't longer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BMGP
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our first trip to Chicago and this hotel had everything we needed. The location was very good, most of the attractions on walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and large. The wi-fi was free of charge. If getting back to Chicago I would choose the same hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LenaStockholm
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We travel to Chicago regularly and were looking for some place unique to stay in the loop. After reading the reviews we decided to try the Talbott. Our expectations were met and exceeded. The location is ideal and there is the clear feel of a small hotel. The staff were extremely attentive and remembered our names. Yes, there really is a "Duane!" He seemed to take a personal interest in making our stay comfortable. The room was larger than I expected with all the amenities. We had breakfast in the hotels restaurant. The food was excellent and, again, the service was superb. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank birgerjarl
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few years ago so my review is somewhat late but this hotel is great. It's a smaller hotel but very quaint, clean and in a fabulous location. Close to everything and walking is definitely doable. Staff is friendly. Highly recommend for comfortable stay in a great location!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Lisa D
Tamworth, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our first trip to Chicago and we had looked at so many hotel options that we were feeling inundated with choices. The Talbott was the one which stuck in my mind though and I kept coming back to their reviews. So glad we chose this hotel. It's not one of the massive chain hotels, it's a smaller more intimate place.
Our welcome was warm and we were told our room was ready and we had been upgraded to a suite. Wow! The room was wonderful (or should I say rooms). Free wi-fi in hotel was a pleasant surprise. Plentiful toiletries in the bathroom. A decent powerful hairdryer too! The bed and pillows were really comfortable too.
Happy hour in the bar gives you a free appetiser when buying wine, beer or cocktails. A nice touch, instead of peanuts. We also ate in the bar one evening too. Thought it was strange that main meals were classed as 'sharers'. I questioned how a steak could be to share but they assured me it was. Infact, it was just that the steak had already been sliced. Food was excellent though.
We were given $15 vouchers each towards breakfast as we had booked direct with the hotel. My only criticism of the hotel was the service at breakfast. This was very poor. Very slow and not much atmosphere in the room at all. With less than a dozen people dining and 4 or 5 waiters it took 10 minutes or so to be acknowledged/served. Staff here were lacking in customer relationship skills - and personalities. This does not extend to the general hotel staff, all of whom were really friendly and helpful.
The hotel's location was excellent. Close to the Observatory, Water Tower mall and Bloomingdales.
Another reviewer mentioned Merlo Italian restaurant - the hotel concierge recommended this to us and booked us a table. The dining room is in the basement and still looks and feels like someone's living room. A claustrophobic tiny room with no windows or ambience. Food was good, but nothing more, and was overpriced in our opinion.
I'm sure we will return to Chicago and will definitely go back to The Talbott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattsmum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was my first time staying in a hotel downtown Chicago, usually I stay in the suburbs near our satellite office. I tried to get a hotel near my office but they were all booked. This was a short cab ride from our dinner and I was pleasantly surprised that it is a very nice hotel. I only stayed one night but it was very clean, great bed, nice desk area and helpful desk staff and doorman. When I return I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business