“Excellent Service: A Tiny Gem in a Big City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Service: A Tiny Gem in a Big City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Talbott for one night (part of an anniversary staycation) over New Year's Weekend. From check-in to check-out, the service was excellent. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly hotel staff who presented us with "souvenir" personalized anniversary room keys. We found champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the entry way of our suite. In the bedroom, we found terry cloth robes monogramed with our initials, and a rose petal turn down service. We also received vouchers for breakfast at Little Market Brasserie (next door to the hotel). The hotel suite's king bedroom was large with large flat screen television. The bathroom was larger than my first apartment - one person shower stall, vanity, sink area, and soaking tub. The living room/office was extremely large and the couch and chairs were comfortable. The decor is extremely traditional which I enjoyed very much. If you are a big coffee drinker, ask for extra pods at check-in (I drink way more than one cup in the morning).

The hotel lobby is intimate and romantic - take advantage of the comfortable chairs and sofas next to the wood burning fireplace in winter. You may order drinks from Little Market Brasserie and they will be delivered to you in the hotel lobby (no extra charge). The elevators are very very small. Be patient if you have large luggage or a large party of people - you may have to split up your group and take separate elevators.

I have no complaints about my stay. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel is located in a fabulous shopping district and near some of Chicago's best restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WindyCityTravelBug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Talbott for the first four days of our honeymoon and we felt really pampered. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is so helpful. The concierge helped us with some great restaurants. The hotel itself is beautiful and very well situated. For a more personal approach, choose the talbott. We hope to come back one day

• Stayed March 2013
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just great! the rooms (king bed) were larger than expected for an old hotel, even larger than your standard modern room and was quiet. The staff was super friendly and professional. I liked the traditional decor and nice linens and towels. If I had one tiny complaint it would be that more places to hang towels in the bathroom were needed. I like to take advantage of the "green initiative" of reduced linen and towel changes and having a place to hang a towel-especially a hand towel would help make it more sanitary and tidy. BUT if that's all I have to complain about...then you know it's gonna work out just fine. Go, have fun and sleep well!
PS we accessed the hotel from Ohare via the blue line (passes were about $10) and then you can transfer to the red line and be only a block or two from the hotel, or take a cab from the blueline for another $10)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alice2go
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a conference here and extended my stay to have my family up for the weekend. This is a lovely hotel - rooms are large and beautifully appointed and spotless, and customer service is among the best I've ever experienced at a hotel. Everything went smoothly for the meeting of 3 days - catering was without a hitch, very attentive, and on time just as ordered. Food in restaurant is great. The meeting room was large, with lots of natural light and comfortable seating. Nice perk is a gym membership at a nearby gym during the stay. I extensively used the concierge services, and they were always helpful with good suggestions and timely assistance. I will go back, and highly recommend this hotel. Excellent value for the money. My team is all looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mainz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent three nights at the Talbott, which was a great choice. Very unique hotel, great atmosphere, nice rooms and very comfortable. The staff was very helpfull and friendly. Close to the downtown shopping district, however not loud at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just have to take a moment to send a HUGE thank you out to the staff, especially Kathy the Concierge, at the Talbott Hotel.

Kathy went above and beyond to help make my engagement weekend in Chicago a very special one. From all the very helpful communication, suggestions and planning weeks in advance, to the surprise upgraded, BEAUTIFUL room set up EXACTLY how I requested, Kathy and her team did a phenomenal job.

My fianceé and I were treated like celebrities. We had a carriage ride waiting to take us to dinner and when we arrived at The Saloon, we were met with nothing less than stellar service and delicious food. They even gave us complimentary champagne when we sat down. Kathy was kind enough to tell the restaurant (when she made our reservation) that we were also celebrating a birthday that weekend.

I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Talbot and utilizing the staff to help you with any and everything you could possibly need while you stay in Chicago. It's EASILY the ONLY place I'll stay from here on out.

Thank you all again so, SO much for making our weekend fabulous and memorable!

Cheers!

Angie & Kellie

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I were in town for the Auto Show, and as a quick weekend getaway from the kids. Everything about this hotel was top-notch! Our room was luxurious, the location was primo, and the staff was over-the-top accommodating. We scored a great rate from Orbitz, so the value couldn't have been beat. I would most definitely stay here again.

A note about the restaurant: We dined here for breakfast each morning of our stay. Saturday morning, the staff was cheerful and attentive, plus the food was outstanding. Unfortunately, Sunday morning was a totally different story. There seemed to be an entirely new crew of staff where no one seemed to be enthused to be at work. Our waiter was OK, but nothing like the service we had experienced 24 hours before. My husband's breakfast took what seemed like forever to come out, and when it did, it was seriously undercooked. He was able to order something else, and our meal was comped, so there was an attempt to make things right. We hope the consistency issues can be worked out, prior to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple