“Outstanding service!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2 Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 184 Hotels in Chicago
“Outstanding service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife was here for a conference and I was fortunate enough to be able to tag along. We were both overwhelmed with the outstanding service and hospitality with the staff. They went above and beyond ensuring that our stay was comfortable. The room was spacious and exceeded our expectations. We would definitely recommend the talbott to anyone traveling to Chicago!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a business traveler and never write reviews; however, my stay at The Talbott was so great I decided I need to give them a shout out. My company dictates hotels but all were booked so I ventured out and found The Talbott. The location is off the beaten path but still centrally located - reminded me of East End Ave in NYC - and very quiet. The staff were so cheerful and helpful. Introduced themselves, asked for my name, and then addressed me by my name during conversation. The room was spacious and very comfortable - and quiet. The restaurant, PT, had a small but interesting menu. The combination of flavors was not your normal business travel experience. I was a 10-minute cab ride from N. Wacker where I was working for the week. Will make this my "new" Chicago hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Levorotation
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have been to Chicago many times and have stayed in many different hotels. This trip I picked the Talbott Hotel, because we wanted a nice suite to make it more special for our 30th anniversary. From the minute we drove up to the hotel, until the time we left-the staff was unbelievable. Friendly, helpful, and just completely took care of us and our things. The room was much more than expected. Very large with all the trimmings. Posh bedding and robes that made you feel pampered. The room was cleaned completely every morning. I have to say that we will only stay at this hotel on future trips.

Room Tip: The suite was wonderful. The rooms are very quite. We never heard anyone.
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was sold by the good reviews and the location, but especially the "value" as I researched hotels for a 2 night trip for my girl's birthday. I'm one day into a two day stay and feeling good enough about this place to jump on and make a review. The staff is top notch, the location is perfect, the room (parlor king) is roomy and pleasant. The window even freaking opens. I despise $400 hotel rooms with no fresh air. My stay is less than $200 a night. Be warned that your car will run you close to $50 a night whether you valet or self park a block away. I've often been disappointed by the large, expensive Chicago hotels. The Talbot has my return business hands down.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Found this delightful boutique hotel just off the Miracle Mile on Delaware Street and it is delightful. Warm, friendly, responsive staff. Rooms were delightful. Would probably put bigger chairs in our room, but that was minor inconvenience. Also could use some instructions on using computer/TV component. All is all, these were minor items. Will definitely come again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carbondale, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked a room here because my usual spot was full. I was a bit concerned by the (mostly older) negative reviews of The Talbott's customer service. However, good news: The Talbott clearly has fixed the customer service issues people wrote about in years past. I was greeted pleasantly each and every time that I came and went.

With one exception (the desk chair), my room was very comfortable. I like the subdued, earthy decor and the quality of the fixtures. Where some reviewers see "worn around the edges," I saw quality furniture, carpet, etc., that is holding up well and doesn't need to be replaced every few years. It was like staying in an old-money chalet in Europe.

But that desk chair! It was completely mismatched to the desk and un-adjustable, so I had to work on my laptop in bed, propped up on pillows. I wish hotel managers would take time to plug in and work on a laptop in each room, so that they can experience what we do in this important area.

However, that was the only glitch in an otherwise really enjoyable, hospitable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location, walking distance to lake front and several good pubs along Rush street. Perfect location for walking shopping trip on the 'miracle mile' Michigan Ave. Amenities excellent and staff very attentive and friendly. Room was luxurious and very comfortable. In room coffee maker did not work (or could not figure out how to operate) but nice breakfast downstairs is available so not a big deal. I will definitely stay here in the future when I stay downtown. I really have nothing in the way of complaints for this hotel, only compliments...

• 3 of 5 stars