“Great Place, Great Location”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We just spent 4 nights at the Talbott. From the time we arrived, we were meant to feel at home. Dwayne spent 15 minutes getting us familiar with the area around the hotel. Rooms were very clean, free internet surface, each room has Apple TV that is free. Ideal location, two blocks from Michigan, one block from Rush ST. Lots of shops and places to dine. Our will stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel was clean, neatly decorated with execellent service from staff. All major sites are easly reached by subway within minuets and both Airports can be easly reached by the subway. There are many excellent resturants with in walking distance. The price of rooms is good considering location. My wife and I highly recommend this hotel on all accounts.

1  Thank DAH42881
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The location is perfect being just a couple blocks off Michigan Avenue on a quiet neighborhood street. The rooms are updated, elegant, and cozy. The staff was very friendly, attentive, and accommodating. As a frequent visitor and former Chicagoan I find this hotel the best in the city. My husband and I enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I never stayed in a suite like this! this place is amazing and beautiful and so clean! The concierge was so helpful booking us things to do. I have a kulrig coffee pot and a fridge where I put a small hallf and half, the tv has an apple connection, and I'm typing this review from the sofa in my living room of our room on a wireless keyboard! all the things I have in my own home.. really I have NOTHING bad to say, and if you read any of my other reviews over the years, I can usually find SOMETHING to say! ok.. no ice machines...you have to call and they bring you a beautiful silver plated one filled with ice...is that bad? well my husband thought so.. he DOES always find something to complain about! lol
Oh, and did I mention its 2 blocks or so from John hancock and the mag. mile!

Room Tip: Suite is amazing, no view, but I didnt care..
1  Thank mastercolorist
Reviewed September 16, 2012

After many chic minimalistic but uncomfortable hotels, the Talbott is like coming to a comfortable cozy home. All the amenities are first class, rooms are spacious and the staff couldn't be nicer. Beds are heaven. Lovely even for the most demanding world traveller.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Voyageuse54
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The Talbott Hotel is amazing!! It's in the perfect location in Chicago..close to Michigan Avenue/the L/nightlife, but in a quiet neighborhood to get a good night's sleep.

The staff is awesome! Thanks to Dwayne at the front desk, we were upgraded to a suite after there was a mix up with our reservation. Him, and the rest of the staff, are so helpful and friendly.

Would 100% stay here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As I said in my Facebook review: The Talbott is our FAVORITE Chicago hotel for the past 6 years with its understated elegance and unparalleled customer service! I was in from Michigan, celebrating my 50th birthday with my husband and two dear friends. The friends had arrived first and checked in. When I asked, jokingly, if we could be upgraded to a one bdrm. suite as we had been for my husband's 50th, the wonderful front desk employee happily obliged. Not only that, but she managed to give us the suite adjacent to our friends' standard King room.

As always, the Talbott was lovely, immaculate, and a true respite from the busy days in Chicago. We remain happy devotees!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple