“I love this hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Austin, Texas
“I love this hotel!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is an old hotel that got the renovation right. Timeless elegance meets high tech. I knew I loved it when I saw the Mac mini connected to the flat screen tv. The room was roomy with a high ceiling, comfy king aize bed with a beautiful canopy effect which rippled in the air flow and displaced the draft from the air conditioning, sumptuous fabrics, nice desk with free wireless Internet, huge bathroom with marble and granite and double sinks. I asked for a view and had two tall windows overlooking the street. One opened. Bice, the restaurant, has a gorgeous outdoor terrace. The surprised me with 15.00 breakfast vouchers for each of my 3 days there and I enjoyed a lovely meal on the terrace each morning. I had dinner on the terrace and the risotto was fabulous. Great service from the moment you walk in the door till you leave. I was sad to go and cannot wait to come back. Great value, too.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank robinreps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
Ohio
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at the Talbott last week for a business meeting. The hotel is very elegant and charming. It's an old structure, so I was expecting the rooms to be small. The opposite was true. Very generously sized rooms with a comfortable king bed, sitting area, and large bathroom. Each room also has a Mac Mini connected to the flat screen TV so you can surf the Web. I did not eat in the restaurant, but it looked quite nice, and the bar area is elegant. This is a gem of a hotel, and I would come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Alma, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This was our fourth year staying at the Talbott, and again, we were so grateful for the understated elegance and superb service. The staff is incredibly accommodating--even gave us the same room when I asked. We were delighted and surprised when the management sent a box of chocolate truffles to the room because I had mentioned that my husband and I always celebrate our summer birthdays at the Talbott.

It is thoughtful touches like this one that will always keep us returning to our favorite Chicago hotel. Beautifully appointed, incredibly clean and comfortable, the Talbott truly is a cut above the rest.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoMich
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The hotel looks like an aging grande dame, somewhat in need of an update or a nip and tuck here and there , but it makes up in courtesy and friendliness of the staff. Off Orbitz, we got the hotel for 125 bucks a night which I thought was a good deal. The elevator is a tad small. We had a room on the 16th floor with no view unfortunately, though sizable and clean. I had to call twice for a coffee cup one morning but otherwise the service is attentive and friendly. The Italian restaurant off the lobby is well-regarded, I am told - I am not into Italian at the moment, so we did not try it. There is a nice upscale bistro across the street which is always full and difficult to get a table at. A Starbucks is also across the street. The hotel is two blocks from the Magnificent Mile and three blocks to Lakeshore Drive. I think this hotel is good value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ModernGay
San Fran Bay Area
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My daughter and I had the lovliest stay here for her first visit to both Chicago and the American Girl (AG) Store after years of collecting the dolls. I highly recommend Talbott's AG Package if you have interested daughters! They definitely give your child the royal treatment complete with special room service menu that's an incredible value in itself not to mention the scrumptious breakfasts included at Bice with outdoor dining next door, and the 30-minute horse-drawn carriage ride in the Magnificent Mile vicinity to the AG Store is wonderful. Beyond the AG bit and food, the staff are really personable and accomodating and the rooms spacious and equipped with cool coffee machines and free wi-fi access. And you can't beat the location in charming area right off Michigan Avenue (and I used to live in Chicago for almost 10 years so I know what I''m talking about here). The housekeeping keeps your room amazingly tidy (2-3X per day) and is very generous in replenishing towels and toiletteries. Only wish the rooms got more sunlight. Other than that, overall just splendid!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband and I, spent 3 nights at The Talbott Hotel in June 2011 and It's the most wonderful hotel I've ever been in. You can't get a better location. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, sites etc. It really is perfect! I've never written a review about anything, but I just have to for this hotel.
The staff were friendly, very helpful and knowledgable. It was perfect in everyway! The huge 1 bedroom suite was beautifully decorated and very clean and fresh. I will be coming back without a doubt!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zainygirl
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I and our two friends stayed at the Talbott Hotel in Chicago to celebrate a special birthday!! None of us had been to Chicago before so we really didn't have a clue what part of the city would be best to stay in etc. Luckily someone from my office recommended this one to us and we are so glad. The hotel is in the nicest part of town. It is cozy, quaint and charming. The staff is exceptional. The concierge Jean Murray was right-on, when it came to sending us to restaurants and to a really cool blues club. Everything about our stay was perfect and we would go back to this hotel again when we re-visit Chicago.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple