“Excellent Stay!”

Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
Ranked #95 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

One night stay here when I was visiting downtown prior to a wedding outside of Chicago. As others have said, the location is excellent. Very convenient for shopping on and around Michigan Ave. The hotel itself is great. The doormen and concierge were very helpful with bags and dining recommendations. We were allowed to check in at 11, even though formal check-in isn't until 3PM. Stayed in a King room. It was clean and well-amenitized. Room was updated, bed was comfortable. I will admit however that the King rooms are not very spacious. With all the furniture there's not much floor room to put your stuff. Only real complaint I had about the room was that there isn't a fan in the bathroom. This can be a problem for obvious reasons, exaggerated by the fact that the bathroom door is not a normal door, but a pocket-sliding door. By no means a deal-breaker. Overall very pleased with this stay. Will definitely look here first for my next trip to Chicago.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago

Reviewed June 13, 2014

What a horrible experience. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone who values knowing their reservation is secure. My reservation was made through Expedia months earlier. I showed up - with my confirmation number - and they tried to tell me that Expedia had moved me! Yet Expedia still showed me at the Millennium. Why would Expedia move me and still charge me the Millennium rate? Here's what I believe happened. With multiple conferences in Chicago, they were booked. Others told me some rooms in town were going for twice what I paid through Expedia because they tried to book so late. I believe the Millennium took my reservation then realized later they could get more for the room. So they canceled me. They set me up in a cheaper hotel and pocketed the difference. To say the least, they are not customer friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank michigantraveler05
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at the Millennium Knickerbocker this week on a business trip for just one night. The hotel is a nice manageable size. Check-in is a little challenging to notice initially as it it to the rear of the lobby. The rooms are tastefully done in a soothing contemporary style. Beds are comfortable. Though I didn't use lobby bar, it's attractive and open. The hotel restaurant food was above average. No newstand/guest shop in the hotel. It does have a fitness center, which I didn't use. Throughout my stay, I found the staff friendly and helpful. Location is just off Michigan Avenue so it's a good location for shopping. I've stayed in much more luxurious hotels but I would definitely stay here again. It's good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I purchased a voucher on TravelZoo for a 2 night stay at the Knick. I hadn't stayed there in probably 17 years but remembered that it was a fabulous location. My friend and I were able to check in early and catch a cab to the White Sox/Indians game with time to spare. Over the course of the next two days, we shopped and ate and shopped and ate and made multiple trips back to our rooms with our goodies. Each and every time, the doormen were friendly and courteous and we were greeted by staff inside the hotel as well. There was never a wait for a cab when needed, housekeeping was friendly and thorough and the food at the Nix was fresh and delicious. My only regret is that I didn't purchase a second voucher but I would willingly stay at the Knick again with or without one! Kudos to you!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed at the Millennium Knickerbocker for four years in a row while attending a trade show. Rooms are small but luxurious. Wonderful staff. Perfect boutique hotel atmosphere. Great lobby bar and the restaurant serves a wonderful breakfast. They've upgraded me for no reason a number of times simply as a nice gesture. Location is a block off the Magnificent Mile so it doesn't get any better. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator so you don't hear the elevator bell all night long....some...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staff very helpful. Interesting older hotel with lots of character. Rooms have been updated. Sumptuous bedding. Bathroom with granite and new fixtures. Beautiful gold leaf domed ballroom, nice bar. Close to Water Tower and Gold Coast. We really enjoyed ourselves. And the price was phenomenal. $129 a night a half block off Michigan Ave!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a great stay at the Millennium Knickerbocker. The staff treated us great.Everything was just as we had reserved,vouchers for the Nix and the bar were handed out without asking. I would stay here again just for the classy service we received.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple