“Great location and atmosphere, made the trip.”

Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
Ranked #95 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel last year and really enjoyed the experience. For a large hotel in a major city I was not disappointed by anything. The room was a good size, the bed was comfy, the wifi worked well. The building had a very classy feel and I would say the service was excellent too.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I price lined the Knickerbocker. It's in a great North Michigan Avenue location. Overall, I found the facilities quite worn and dated . The concierge simply wasn't present. The old rooms are not well sound proofed.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank topperdude
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We definitely enjoyed our stay at the Knickerbocker and loved the old school charm. The staff was wonderful, especially at the Nix restaurant and the food was delicious! The rooms were small and slightly outdated, however the location more than made up for it. Foodlife at the Water Tower was an excellent place to go for quick, easy dining.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank StashiaM
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in July last year. We had actually booked another hotel in Chicago that we didn't realize was so far out of the city. So we booked this one very last minute and we were so glad we did. The staff were amazing, they would remember our names and our drink orders when we would have a couple of wines down at the bar before dinner. The room was good and everything was very clean. We loved it

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Billandboses
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff was great, and the room was very nice and comfortable.The restaurant and bar is overpriced, and they do not offer free wifi in the rooms. Other then that, I was very pleased with my stay and will return again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DTraveler23
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be “great” and the room was “very nice and comfortable”. We do offer complimentary WiFi in the lobby and mezzanine levels. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel was one of the best hotels we stayed at. went to Chicago with my family and stayed there for a week. we didn't have any problems at all and had breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was really good actually.the location of this place is a bonus cause it's right at Michigan Ave and so many good restaurants around there .
would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mack A
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you consider the Knickerbocker “one of the best hotels” you’ve stayed at. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you greatly enjoyed your stay. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay with us!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ever since we stayed here, I have been dying to write about how exceptional this hotel is and I wanted to have the perfect wording, but I don't think there are enough words in the dictionary to showcase how lovely the Knickerbocker is.

Every Valentines Day weekend my husband and I follow a tradition... it was our first date 7 years ago on vday and we utterly love this weekend. It is a little getaway for us and lets not forget eating some great Chicago food. Dinner is always at Tavern on Rush (LOVE IT), drinks at whatever bar we like, breakfast at The Original Pancake House (yum) and the Chicago Auto Show. We never stay at the same hotel cause we like to stay all over... however, I think we have found one amazing little gem.

We picked the Knickerbocker for two main reasons, price and location. For $100 a night in the city, its a steal. Then, it is within a short walking distance to Tavern. Once we enter the building, we can tell that a wedding is going on and everybody is pre-drinking in the lobby/martini bar. I am instantly jealous, cause not only do I LOVE weddings, but this seems like an amazing hotel to have your wedding at. We check in and the front desk clerk has to be the nicest guy. He asks us if we are celebrating anything, how are commute from the Burg was, if we need a taxi to dinner, etc. Also informs us that the lobby area will clear out in about 30 mins for the wedding.

Elevator is small, but its an older hotel, and its not slow, so I'd rather it be small than opposed to slow. On our floor people are pre-drinking in the huge common area for the wedding (once again, jealousy enters my brain). Our room is just perfect and the shower was my favorite part. Pretty big for a hotel shower, rainfall shower head and an additional wand. We get dressed for our night out and visit the Martini bar. The bill is quite high, $30 for two drinks, but this is the city AND there was no skimping on the alcohol. I mean we both walked out feeling a little fuzzy and hungry for dinner.

We just loved everything about it... All of the upgrades in the room were great, loved that it was a boutique hotel, the location, the staff, etc.

I am sure we will be back next year :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deej R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review on your Valentine’s Day weekend stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be “exceptional” and that you loved our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back next Valentine’s Day, but hopefully for a stay sooner than that!