Ever since we stayed here, I have been dying to write about how exceptional this hotel is and I wanted to have the perfect wording, but I don't think there are enough words in the dictionary to showcase how lovely the Knickerbocker is.
Every Valentines Day weekend my husband and I follow a tradition... it was our first date 7 years ago on vday and we utterly love this weekend. It is a little getaway for us and lets not forget eating some great Chicago food. Dinner is always at Tavern on Rush (LOVE IT), drinks at whatever bar we like, breakfast at The Original Pancake House (yum) and the Chicago Auto Show. We never stay at the same hotel cause we like to stay all over... however, I think we have found one amazing little gem.
We picked the Knickerbocker for two main reasons, price and location. For $100 a night in the city, its a steal. Then, it is within a short walking distance to Tavern. Once we enter the building, we can tell that a wedding is going on and everybody is pre-drinking in the lobby/martini bar. I am instantly jealous, cause not only do I LOVE weddings, but this seems like an amazing hotel to have your wedding at. We check in and the front desk clerk has to be the nicest guy. He asks us if we are celebrating anything, how are commute from the Burg was, if we need a taxi to dinner, etc. Also informs us that the lobby area will clear out in about 30 mins for the wedding.
Elevator is small, but its an older hotel, and its not slow, so I'd rather it be small than opposed to slow. On our floor people are pre-drinking in the huge common area for the wedding (once again, jealousy enters my brain). Our room is just perfect and the shower was my favorite part. Pretty big for a hotel shower, rainfall shower head and an additional wand. We get dressed for our night out and visit the Martini bar. The bill is quite high, $30 for two drinks, but this is the city AND there was no skimping on the alcohol. I mean we both walked out feeling a little fuzzy and hungry for dinner.
We just loved everything about it... All of the upgrades in the room were great, loved that it was a boutique hotel, the location, the staff, etc.
I am sure we will be back next year :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago