4,627 results
All reviews the palm court cape cod room coq d'or classic hotel family room the executive lounge oak street beach lake michigan the magnificent mile the north end historical hotel old chicago a lake view room an older hotel the gold coast junior suite rush street
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Great old beautiful Historic hotel with a lot of charm Class and elegance.
The front desk staff are simply amazing and professional. Upon walking up to the desk I was greeted by a warm welcoming smile by desk agent Wilson .
A professional with knowledge of the Hotel and great overall customer service.
The appointment of a corner quite room was perfect and the amenities are beautiful. The dinner /bar restaurant was quite acceptable and the food even better !

I highly recommend this beautiful hotel for a future visit and love the older well suited hotel with its class and charm.

I will see you again ,

Mr.J.R.Lopez

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2016

I've stayed here twice for industry events, and have enjoyed my stay both times.

The breakfast in the executive lounge on the 11th floor is perfect - great view, and unobtrusive service. The fitness center is one of the most comprehensive I've used in any hotel anywhere, with a great selection of equipment. Service is solid and friendly, as it should be at this price point.

My only complaint is one that has become all too typical in hotels in the Hilton family - the room lighting is simply insufficient. With today's available lighting technologies, there is no reason to continue to use underpowered CFLs that do not provide enough light to be able to read or work after sunset.

Room tip: Lakeside rooms have a wonderful view.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2016

There's something off about Chicago hotels - the more expensive they are, the crappier they are. This hotel is an embarrassment for a landmark.

The hotel rooms are really good and in a serious need of renovations. They also weren't very clean. Our original room had a giant hole in the wall and we had to ask to be switched out.

Customer service is very snooty. They ignore your requests and are generally unhelpful. There was no bellhop there when we arrived so we asked for help at the reservation desk. The guy at reservation grudgingly helped but was giving us attitude about it. Seriously? Don't give me attitude for issues your hotel has.

We ordered breakfast to arrive between 7 - 8, it arrived at 9. We paid 350 dollars for breakfast and you can't even get there on time? Oh yeah, we called at 8, and they told us "it was on the way"

Room tip: Just go somewhere else
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelsalot1984
Kathryn D, Manager at The Drake, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Dear Travelsalot1984,

We are extremely disappointed you had such a poor experience with us at the Drake, especially the service of our team, and the delay on your room service order. I would like the opportunity to speak in person, and ask that you reach out to me personally here at the hotel at 3129324505, so as I can apologize in person and see what I can do to make this right,

I look forward to your call,

Kathryn Day
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2016

This hotel is a great oldie but goodie. :) Great hotel if found at good price. Great location and views if you get the lake view. Also try the coffee downstairs it's amazing. Good walking distance to park and shopping.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel just for one night. We could not have asked for more. The guy on reception was very welcoming as we're all staff that we came across. We were upgraded to a suite. When I say a suite i mean a small apartment over looking the lake. It was fantastic. The breakfast the next morning was nice as were the staff. Will be back.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple