The Drake, A Hilton Hotel
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$618
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$594
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$301
Cancelon
4,216 results
All reviewsthe palm courtcape cod roomcoq d'orclassic hotelfamily roomthe executive loungeoak street beachlake michiganthe magnificent milethe north endhistorical hotelold chicagoa lake view rooman older hotelthe gold coastjunior suiterush street
Reviewed September 8, 2004

I hosted a group at the Drake in August. The funny part was that it was 10 people. The hotel staff were very rude with the exception of the valet staff, however I was double billed every day for parking. My group did not receive the correct food that we contracted each day. Nobody was around on the weekend to correct the problem so you were left hanging. I was charged for audio visual items that I never ordered. I complained to management only to receive a letter defending items that were never mentioned in my original letter. Also have left SEVERAL messages for the sales department, almost 30 days later no call back. I would steer very clear of this hotel for any group functions. They are VERY unorganized. The Westin across the street is ten times better.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
10  Thank Ariktravel
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed August 9, 2004

My husband and I recently stayed at the Drake for our 2 year anniversary. I could not have asked for a better place to stay. All the staff were extremely helpful and kind. We had a traditional kg. room, and it was very nice and spaceous. We were treated very well and would definately go back again.

• Stayed: August 2004
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2004

I reserved a room at the Drake about 2 months in advance and got a great rate through the Drake webpage reservation, other online services did not even come close. Had a lake view.

The Hotel is very impressive. The flower arrangement in the foyer is overwhelming. The harpist at the new Drake Brother's Restaurant had us walking around stunned. Easy access to Wrigley via the EL, talk to the consierge, he is very helpful. Free City tram is great, use it, walked to Navy Pier and Hancock.

Ate a meal next to the piano bar, requested a song, ordered room service, sent laundry out, free newspaper, let housekeeping turn down-leave you mints, bought the Drake complimentary robes,very nice, expensive but nice. Good lifetime memories.

Parked car at hotel for 3 days for $33. Use public transportation, parking is impossible otherwise.

Tipping works wonders, gets you extra little niceties from housekeeping and respect. Dress as you please, saw families on vacations and people on business.

Going back for our anniversary for sure. Will spend more time on beach, ran out of time.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2004

Once again the Drake has spoiled me. This was our third stay at the Drake in as many years and every stay is just as delightful as the one before. This time I got a great deal for a room at $118. I figured for that it would be itty bitty and looking at a roof, but not so. It was very spacious and we did look at another building, but could see the lake to the left of our window.
All of the small things are what I appreciate. The marble sink tops, the light fixtures, the huge towels and the textured sheets that are sandwiched around the blanket on the large, comfortable bed. The flowers in the main lobby are always fresh and beautiful. The front desk gal told us if we did'nt like our room, just let her know and they'll arrange for another. They managed to check us in early since we arrived earlier than anticipated. We were in our room by 10 a.m. We sat in the tea room for awhile before check in and that was very relaxing. The bathroom in that tearoom is like no other I've been in. Each stall is like an individual bathroom. The toilet paper and kleenex are always folded to a point no matter where you go. There is some magical fairy that has this job of making them pointed when your not looking.
I never want to stay anywhere else when we are in Chicago. The Drake has truly spoiled me!

5  Thank Kris R
City, State
Reviewed July 13, 2004

Magnificent old Hotel. Sinatra's favorite.
Staff is great, 4 restaraunts are great, water pressure is outstanding.
Offered a $30.00 upgrade to room with sitting area per night. Declined but will take them up on that tomorrow night.
Rooms are small, as to be expected in a historic hotel, but I'm sitting here surrounded by thousands of dollars of furnishings, wall work, heavy wooden panelled door, etc.
This is a subtle but important note as I sit back and notice things. If I look around my room and ask "could this be a guest room in a Southern Plantation, or Rhode Island Mansion?" my answer is Yes. When I ask that at the Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott, my answer is No.
Then I ask myself, "how many days do I have on this planet? how many days do I want to be in a generic box?"
Internet is $11.40/day.
View: Lake Michigan or City, ask at desk. I took the Lake, and have nothing between me and the lake but one road. No buildings, this hotel is on the lake.
Large window says "Caution Do Not Open", to appease the lawyers living amongst us. I slid the window up 4 feet last night. When was the last time you slid a hotel window up? Especially a new dark stained aluminum double paned window? No screws or restrictors. Gotta like a place that still says "don't do that" but lets you be an American with the choice to do so if you want.

Phone system is nice. Set wake up call for 6:30am. Heard it, ignored it, rolled over. Went off a second time, ignored it, rolled over. Security knocked on my door 15 minutes later, "Security, just wanted to make sure you received your wake up call". I was extremely impressed that they knew part of their job is to make sure I make it to my early meeting!

The bar says they served the 2nd drink in Chicago after Prohibition ended.

4 internal high end restaraunts.

Right on the shopping wonderland known as the Magnificent Mile, across from Bloomindales.

If you're tired of generic Hyatt/Hilton/Marriott experiences and want a change, try the Drake.
Thanks to BiddingForTravel for allowing me to find out about this hotel!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member