“Great Downtown Hotel”

The Drake, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #79 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great location, beautiful room and wonderful restaurant and bar down stairs. This is a great place to meet friends for dinner or a glass of wine. Very friendly environment and lots of regulars. We have stayed here many times and always enjoy a nice experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
There are newer reviews for The Drake, A Hilton Hotel

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My first visit to Chicago and extremely happy with our choice of hotels. I was worried about safety and walking the city however this area made me feel safe and I never worried even out walking by myself. The staff are friendly and helpful always greeting you with a smile. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable we had a view of Lake Michigan. The location is perfect and with in walking distance to many restaurants, Navy Pier, and retail shops. If we return to Chicago I would book The Drake again and again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I visited and found this to be an exquisite, old world experience. From the elaborate dining hall to the stunning entryway chandeliers, we were impressed from the moment we arrived. The room was comfortable. The staff was attentive and courteous. The location was quite nice being being near shopping and within a brisk walk of Lincoln Park. My wife especially loved having "high tea" in the parlor while live harp music filled the room.

While we were there, the facade was under renovation and I'd love to see it completed but even with the ongoing work, we never were put out and felt to be inconvenienced. Although not the cheapest hotel in town (it doesn't try to be), this is certainly a place to visit while in town. We certainly will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It was the best experience starting with bell man and up with all the staff, it was clean, friendly, and everyone always smiled making you feel welcome. We used valet parking, no problems there, room service was excellent, bar was friendly, they have a place for everyone one casual or dress and a lot of history in the Hotel, we were at the Drake

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Drake is a marvelous experience. It's classic in style. The restaurants are wonderful and the rooms are very comfortable. It's always a treat to stay there. It's extremely convenient. We've stayed there a number of times. It's our favorite hotel in Chicago (and we've stayed at many!).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nice Hotel. Loved that one of the elevators has a tapestry seat. Very cute. I had a nice room and it was in all a great experience. If you can splurge for a room that faces the lake - go for it.
I would definitely go back. Reminded me of the Waldorf in NYC.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Drake is truly a beautiful hotel, this was my 2nd time staying here. The rooms are spacious, somewhat outdated, but still nice and clean. WIFI is extra cost, which really nobody charges for that anymore, especially $12.99/day. The staff is very helpful and very nice. I love the location, it simply couldn't be any better, you are walking distance to all major attractions, shopping and great restaurants, which is really good because the hotel restaurant closed very early. The one thing I really didn't care about was the valet and the cost of it. It was outrageous by any standard, I didn't even pay that much in NYC and I just don't see how you charge more, so be prepared for that. Overall, great hotel and I will stay here the next time I"m in Chicago, no question about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business