1,145 results
All reviews lincoln park continental breakfast great neighborhood lakeview neighborhood quiet street honor bar hard boiled eggs charming hotel depaul university stay there again brown line cubs game within walking distance small hotel older hotel north side parking garage
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very nice smaller hotel, clean, comfortable beds. The staff is staff, very accomodating. Good value if you look for other optios than the website. Continental breakfast. Sometimes temperature control in room is an issue. Very welcoming, have returned several times, will again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great Hotel in the center of residential Lincoln Park. Very convenient to many restaurants and activities. A short taxi ride (3-4 miles) to the loop. Management very attentive and helpful. A terrific value, a throw back to earlier times with all you need for comfortable stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the willows for the Chicago marathon. When booking the hotel I had no idea of anywhere in Chicago. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived, the marathon runners ran at the end of the road. The hotel is in a lovely, peaceful neighbourhood a short train ride from downtown Chicago. We have done our fair share of travelling and I have to say that this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The entrance/reception area has a very homely feel to it and the staff are excellent and very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the breakfast which was more than enough for us. There is tea/coffee all day long and cookies at 4 o'clock.
If I am ever in a position to visit Chicago again I would most definitely stay at the willows

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We defintelety liked the area where this cozy hotel is. The bed was very comfortable and the rate includes a self service breakfast that can be enjoyed in the hall. It is distant from downtown. Nevertheless, it is very easy to get to the centre of the city by train. For those who are not used to cold weather, as we aren't, it would be a good idea to make some in the rooms in order to install a heating equipment that can be controled by the guests. Wherever, the satff promptly tried to help us with a potable heating when we asked for it. There are good restaurants and other shops nearby.

Room tip: We'd rather try the more expensive rooms in the front side next time.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Willows sits in the midst of a residential Chicago neighborhood a few blocks from the lake and from Grant Park zoo. There are tons of reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance--typically wonderful Chicago. The hotel is cozy, reasonably priced, free Internet, free breakfast (minimal), and the staff are great. Rooms are comfortable but next time I will ask for something larger (we opted for the cheapest) because our queen was very small. I would also ask for a room further from the elevator because it "dings" every time it comes to the floor--luckily, there don't seem to be any late night carousers and I brought my earplugs. All and all a nice choice.

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrRiff