“Comfort”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #70 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient; they made me feel comfortable and at home. The lobby area was elegant and there is plenty of room to meet with friends or colleagues. The rooms have plenty of space and bed was comfortable. I loved the Starbucks coffee in the room!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Chicago

Reviewed December 8, 2010

from the first time you arrive and meet staff, you are made to feel at home, fast check in, no questions required all services provided, we stayed in club rooms, nice breakfast, free soft drinks during day, good simple supper from 6pm till 8pm, great staff, rooms clean great location, great rooms, comfy beds, what more do you want ?
free computers in link cafe in basement, which our youngest appreciated, safe enviroment ,also which is important , all in all a ecellent long weekend away, four nights, would have stayed the week if time permitting.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank kevin041
Reviewed December 5, 2010

As SPG member we like to travel with this hotels, mostly nice, clean and with a big comfort and very good beds. But this time it was a disapointment, old fashioned rooms that need renewal, not the normal kindness and service,... We asked a kingsize bed and did not get it, the bathroom was old and no bath, the electricity needed replacement,... And last but not least, our dinner in Shula's steak house was very expensive and not so good as other diners in Chicago (like in the fantastic Cité restaurant).

You best choose anothyer hotel in Chicago for this price !!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Gee_Cat
Reviewed December 3, 2010

We recently stayed at the Sheraton for Thanksgiving weekend with our 4 young kids. The rooms were great and the staff was very accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel for a family wanting to visit Chicago. It is within walking distance to shopping and the Navy Pier and has a wonderful pool.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My experience while at the Sheraton was uneventful; I stayed here while on business for two nights. The location is convenient, the beds were clean, and the front desk agents were courteous - normally qualities of a decent hotel.

It wasn't until I went to do my expense report that I was hit with a $40 charge after I had received my invoice at the hotel. When I called the Sheraton's accounting group, I was told that it was a minibar charge. Seeing as how I never even opened the minibar's door, I requested a credit for the charges. After a week's worth of calls and emails, I finally received word I would be credited (Darlene in the Accounting department was extremely helpful) the $40 but only as a customer service courtesy because there were items missing from the inventory. After seeing several customer complaints online about phony minibar charges, I suggest management looks into its cleaning staff or the way they track what's used from their minibar, because it definitely leaves a bad taste in the customer's mouth when they're wrongly charged for items that weren't consumed.

Be very wary of staying here; I had a much more pleasant experience at the James Hotel not far from the Sheraton.

1  Thank AndresR_9
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We are staying at this hotel for one more night. Its been one thing after another with them. Here is my story......
1. We got to the hotel an hour before check-in, and stored our luggage because the room wasn't ready yet. They said they would call us when the room was ready. We went to lunch and walked around for 3 hours! Then came back after not hearing anything, and so we asked. Still not ready....so we sat in the lobby and looked around the massive waiting area. Then after a half hour we got our room and comp tickets for the bar for 2 drinks.
2. After 2 cozy nights in our room we came back to the hotel after walking around and seeing museums and all we wanted was a little nap, but that didn't happen. There was so much noise int the hallway that i peaked to see what was going on. Well.....300 marching band kids had checked in and were put all around us. After this there were kids knocking on our door seeing if it was their friends rooms, banging on the connecting door in our room from our neighbors and when i went to get ice they were whistling in a very innapropriate way. The front desk said they could move us....so we packed all our stuff back up for the remainder of our trip(2 more days) and moved to a quiter floor.
3. We rented a microwave for our stay for $25, but it was in our old room and when we moved it took 2 calls and 1 stop by to the front desk to get it moved to the new room after 5 hours of waiting we got it.
4. I called roomservice tonight so i could eats my leftover Gino's pizza (which is amazing), but when i asked for just a fork they said it would take between 30-35 minutes...what the heck! Its just a fork...no food. A piece of silverware! I asked if i could come down and pick it up at the front desk and the operator said that wasn't possible. She said since the food places were all closed it wasn't possible and i could't go to room service either. So i ordered a soda to hopefully hurry the process..and they brought the wrong kind up when they finally came 30 minutes later.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank lil426
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I was hesitant about staying here because I thought the location was too far from Michigan Ave then other available hotels. I ended up staying here because we got a good deal through the conference we attended. I am so happy we stayed here; our stay was for 5 days and the service was fantastic from the doorman to the cleaning staff. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the location was perfect. There is a theater, a Walgreens, and many restraunts right outside the main entance. The location ended up being perfect, the shopping on Michigan Ave. was easy to get to, even in the cold. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Chicago.