“Location location location”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #75 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed during Lollapalooza weekend. Perfect location on the river, with beautiful views of the river and Lake Michigan. Even though the hotel was at full capacity due to the festival, never felt crowded and had no problems being seated for breakfast every day (which was a good value). Perfect location, close to Michigan Avenue shops, restaurants and bars. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianHutchins, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Hello!

Thanks for writing a nice review for us and I love hearing that you enjoyed the visit. I look forward to having you back soon for Lollapalooza weekend in Chicago! Please reach out if I can do anything to make the stay more comfortable!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

From the moment you pull up to the Sheraton until you leave your stay is always a great time. The staff is professional, friendly and attentive. If a problem arises they are quick to resolve it. The location is perfect for enjoying the many wonderful things Chicago has to offer. Number one in my book!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am really happy to hear you enjoy our hotel so much. Your loyalty and recommendation means a lot to us. I look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL. Great view of the river, quiet rooms, clean & nice. Everything you'd expect from a Sheraton (SPG category 4) hotel. My review today is focused on what made my stay above and beyond--the service level of the staff!

The Sheraton front desk team put my safety & traveling needs above their bottom! Due to a snow storm that threatened flights in Chicago, I was nervous to continue my stay in the city and had to leave early to make a meeting in LA. Rhea, Bryant, and the ENTIRE team at Sheraton Chicago towers helped me check out early and credited back the unused night of SPG points without hesitation. I was surprised that the team was so empowered to make such game-time decisions. I even called SPG, posted on the SPG facebook wall, and shared with my friends and family to tell them about my great experience.

When I travel personally, I'm a boutique hotel kinda girl (I usually stay at Hotel Palomar in chicago) but SPG's continued level of service during my work travel stays has convinced me that even a big hotel chain can put the customer's experience first. Thanks SPG & Sheraton Chicago for always delivering on your promise of a great stay! Extra special thanks to Rhea, Bryant, and the concierge/room service team at Sheraton Chicago for taking care of me this trip. You've made a customer out of me for life (whether work or personal!).

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing view on one of the upper levels (I stayed on floor 27--it was quiet & had...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
BrianHutchins, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi There!

WOW!!! I was so happy reading your review. Seriously…it made my night! I'm so glad to hear that Bryant and Rhea took such great care of you and made your travel a little bit less stressful. Thank you for the glowing review and your business. If you ever need anything in Chicago, please reach out to me directly and I will ensure you have an incredible stay next time too.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I go to this hotel every year for a convention meeting.
I love being in Chicago and this hotel is in the center of everything. Just a foot print of the magnificient mile wich is great for shopping.
Rooms are spacious, staff dedicated and the overall atmosphere makes it a great destination.
Don't missed the opportunity to eat at Shula's for its famous steaks.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello!

So great to hear that you enjoy visiting us each year. I really appreciate your loyalty each year when you visit Chicago for your conference. Please reach out if I can ever make your stay more comfortable.

Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My family and I were ending off our month-long road trip in Chicago before heading home to Toronto. We left our RV at a KOA in northern Illinois and stayed in the city for two nights. I cannot say enough about the city. It is unbelievable. The staff at this hotel were beyond friendly, and very welcoming. You can tell that they love their city. The rooms were clean with a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. The location of the hotel itself is incredible. We were a 5 minute walk from Michigan Ave and the Chicago Tribune building. For such a prime location we expected loud noises from the streets below but we all had very comfortable and noiseless sleeps. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience all that Chicago has to offer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BrianHutchins, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hi Jaclyn!

I'm so happy to hear that you and the family enjoyed the hotel so much during your visit to Chicago on your way home to Toronto. Chicago really is a fantastic city and our associates at the hotel are very proud of all that it has to offer. Thanks for choosing Sheraton and I look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Love this hotel. We stay here every time we visit Chicago . Staff are very welcoming . They go out of their way to accommodate your requests. Great location near Michigan Avenue shopping and restaurants and theaters .

Room Tip: Club Level rooms offer the best views. Club lounge is terrific.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello!

Thanks for taking a minute to review the hotel. I really appreciate it as it means a lot to us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, especially the staff at the hotel and the location of our property in the city. Thanks for the business!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I came in to the city to stay after a friends wedding. We stayed 3 nights at the Sheraton. Usually we stay on Michigan ave but decided to try another Starwood hotel as we've had a couple of bad experiences at the other property. I can honestly say it was one of the nicest hotel experiences we've ever had. The room and amenities were beautiful. Room was clean comfortable and the service was second to none. All of the hotel staff we came in contact with were more than accommodating. From the valet and front desk to the concierge and staff in the Club level. All were engaging and seemed genuinely interested in our needs and making sure we were comfortable. Club level was a nice perk to have with food and drinks available at certain times. The club level views are awesome. We also enjoyed the location of the hotel. There is plenty to do within a couple of blocks. great food options, movie theatre, bowling, bars etc. Was honestly surprised at the options we had so close to the hotel. All things said will definitely come back to this property.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful views of the river.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Bryan!

Thanks so much for writing such a nice review. I really appreciate the great comments about the hotel and the staff. We do have some great people here and I am happy to hear that they took such great care of you. When you return, please reach out if I can do anything at all to make your stay even better.