“American Girl Chicago Trip”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #67 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Horicon, Wisconsin
“American Girl Chicago Trip”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I brought my 2 granddaughters down to Chicago for a weekend getaway and took them to the American Girl Doll store. We stayed at the Sheridan, and it was an amazing weekend. Upon arriving 3 1/2 earlier than check in, we were greeted warmly, and given our room immediately so we could unload our luggage and get on with out day. My granddaughters were treated royally with special amenities for their American girl dolls. The brunch on Sunday morning was delicious. The motel was spotless. The Sheridan made our whole weekend very special. I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brenda B
BrianHutchins, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Awesome! It certainly puts a smile on my face to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much while staying with your grand daughters on our American Girl Package. We love to hear about great experiences from the families that stay with us. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next year!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,367)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Bend
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was here on a convention with about 900 other people. The staff made me feel I was the only person in the hotel. The staff answered all my questions in a very friendly, welcoming manner.
My room was perfect, great view, clean and everything I needed for a perfect stay. The hotel is very big, well kept. I ate at the Burger company restaurant-had a veggie burger-it was so good!
The restaurant is overlooking the river-very nice with low price food. The workout room was amazing, everything you need and a great view!
I hope I can stay here again when I have more time to explore the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
What a great review!! So great to hear that we took great care of you with such personal service. I will be sure to share this feedback with the staff. They love to make personal impressions on our customers.

I appreciate you business and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very big and my three grandkids and I checked in and immediately felt welcome. There was a big convention going on but all the staff here went out of their way to make us feel welcome, I only remember one gentleman's name Michael his voice was so comforting. I called the front desk to request a refrigerator to store some snacks and his tone was so professional and pleasant, even my grandkids called to ask about the pool and spoke with him they got off the phone and told me the guy with the deep voice is so nice. So I want to thank Michael and the rest of the Sheraton staff for making me and my family feel so special and welcome.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm happy to hear that you and your 3 grandkids had a really nice stay with us at the Sheraton Chicago. I will certainly share your feedback with Michael as well. He is a great guy and would love to know that he had a positive impact on your stay. We are lucky to have him.

If you ever have a need in Chicago again, please feel free to reach out!

Goderich
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton. The staff was very prompt and efficient. I think it only took us 6 seconds to check out. Our room was at the end of a hall, so it was super quiet, with a good amount of space, and a decent view of Navy Pier. The room was spotless. The whole hotel was super clean. Recommend.

Room Tip: Our room at the end of a hall was very quiet. Our friends who had a room in the middle of the hall...
Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Deena…

I really appreciate the great review and I certainly appreciate your business. I'm happy to hear your room was clean and the service was great while you were with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We would normally not stay in a place this nice, but we got a price of $103 through Booking.com for a Saturday night so we did a weekend getaway there. It was extremely clean, the service was good, and the location is just a couple blocks from Michigan Avenue and the "Magnificent Mile".
My wife loved the bed.

Room Tip: We had a west facing room, 2405, and it gave us a nice view if the loop.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J S
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and please know it was a pleasure to host you. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Come back and see us again soon. We always put our special dates and deals on sheratonchicago.com too should you want to book directly with us. Safe travels!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had handicap room which was spotless on arrival. Housekeepinng was excellent with response within very short period when we advised we would be out of room for a meeting or meal. The room had been recently renovated, and a small piece of ceiling fell down during stay. When I called, the ceiling was repaired within an hour, the manager offered to have all of our clothes cleaned (not necessary), and we were not charged for that night! Club Lounge was superb, with personalized service by Connie, Alex, Sherie, Nichole, Kati, Nida, and Rene M. Called us by name after first visit and paid special attention to my wife who has mobility limitations, They really enhanced our stay. When I mentioned a minor concern regarding lack of bathroom shelves in the handicapped bathroom to the lobby concierge lady, additonal shelf stand appeared within an hour and a special treat arrived later. Overall an unusually great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind remarks and on behalf of our entire team, we are very grateful for your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do to make your stays more comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Windy City soon!
Neufeld an der Leitha, Austria
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went to Chicago twice in December 13 and it was really marvelous. When booking the hotel the person in charge did not only get me the best rooms I could imagine (perfect view on the lake!) but she also gave us wonderful tips and we were welcome with surprised such as fruits and cookies and as it was Christmas we really felt like as if we had been here many times, like at a friends place or like VIPs and so welcome, thank you so much Rebecca!! The hotel itself is perfect located in the heart of Chicago, near the Lake, the Loop, great views and perfect staff. The guy at the Club Lounge was so friendly, joked with my children and offered best service. there was really nothing we could complain about. We had a really wonderful time in very cold and chilly Chicago. My children did not even want to go out and loved to stay at the pool, in the gym and in the room. Thank you so much and hope to go back there soon!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
What an amazing compliment, many thanks for your remarks! We strive to make your stay the best it can be and I'm thrilled to hear that everyone here was able to help host you. Please know we value your business and look forward to hosting you again soon. Safe travels!